advertisement

Scalford photos thread

Gromit

Plasticine Dog
Didn't take many photos at the weekend, but here's a small selection - please feel free to add your own.

Scalford 2017 by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Excellent! May I please have your LP12/Nima, Gromit?

It is a lovely example, many afro plinths look a bit tatty and dated, I had one with a clear coat lacquer and I never took to the finish. Gromit's looks like it has a wax finish to me and with the new style arm board and Nima arm, it looks fantastic, I want one like that.

Just a couple of photos of my set up.

room%20209%2001.jpg

room%20209%2002.jpg

I was on my own this time as my helper could make it but what a fantastic weekend.

In our virtual world it was nice to put names to a faces and to say hello to old friends.

Sharif.

Sharif - I enjoyed your set up and have JBL L40 on a shortlist of possibles for my next move. Thanks

Hi Gromit thanks and so was your LP12 with the Nima.

That tonearm is on my list to replace the Thorens TP90 on my Phonosophie, it the first time I've listen to one and I was very impressed!

Gromit's fluted Afromosia LP12 has encouraged me to keep mine and maybe one day upgrade a few components.

I love the fluted plinths, they do have a nice look to them. One other LP12 I like a lot is just the smooth black plinth with a Nima, great look. I know black can be boring, but in this case....

Sorry for the detour, back to the show! Great pics and seems like a great time to be had there!

advertisement

Back