advertisement

Russ Andrews PSU on the Dynavector P75 MKII

Hi,

Anyone tried the Russ Andrews Power Supply on the Dynavector P75 MKII or MKI.

He says in his stuff he has sold loads of them, I would just be interested to know if anyone has tried a different PSU including his on the P75 rather than the Wall Mart PSU supplied, and was there a difference.

Cheers

John

Not tried it.
I have tried many of his products and found then to all do what they say.

If not just pop it back in the post

Hello John

I did with my Mk 1 - I presume you're refering to what RA calls the "Dynapak" ? All his other Powerpaks will have the wrong polarity on the output for a P75.

My advice is don't bother. I found no diference whatsoever. The standard P75 supply and RA's "Paks" are switch-mode devices which are generally (but not always) bad news for hi fi as they tend to generate noise which upsets some components (eg. some Naim CDPs, my L300 MkII......).

A much more significant alternative is a good 12v regulated supply. Should cost you less than £20 (but you'll need to specify/swap the polarity for a P75). I don't think it would improve the sound quality of the P75 but it may have a beneficial effect on the rest of your system by removing a source of noise ?

Hi,

Yes I wondered about that SMP I know I have taken my Linn Majik DS out of the ring my HiFi is on as it has an impact on the sound.

Thanks

John

Hi John

I got a Russ Andrews dynapac for my P75 and I thought it did improve things. There was a bit more snap and drive and the focus seemed to improve a little. It's not massive but to my ears it was worth the relatively modest outlay.

Norman

A friend of mine compared a Russ Andrews PS to a very similar Maplin product that was MUCH cheaper and the Maplin one way miles better sounding in his opinion.

advertisement

Back