advertisement

[WTD] Ruark Templar II

Hoopsontoast

pfm Member
Looking for a pair of Ruark Templar II to try please.

Must be in very good condition and ideally in a Yew, Oak, Cherry finish.

1dac0f5744c5bae3571ca0043139

Keep your eye peeled for a pair of Crusaders in case any turn up.. 👀 👍
The Crusader are too tall (>800mm) and want something designed to work up against rear walls, hence the Templar model.

Hmm can’t help on the height but the crusaders are front ported.. if it makes a difference! Much more expensive though. Mine do work up against a wall, depends on the room maybe.. I do have mine pulled out a little though.

I owned Templar II for a few years with Naim kit. They are a very nice, enjoyable speaker, but they do still like a little space, maybe 12-18 inches from the rear wall to get the best from them.

Might be worth looking at the Ruark Swordsman or Sabre stamdmounts. The Swordsmans definitely work really well hard up against a wall, or just off. Absolute buttons as well, I picked up a set for £60 although they’re often at £100-150. Sabre is the same drivers but a better cabinet and slightly better crossover.

Might be worth looking at the Ruark Swordsman or Sabre stamdmounts. The Swordsmans definitely work really well hard up against a wall, or just off. Absolute buttons as well, I picked up a set for £60 although they’re often at £100-150. Sabre is the same drivers but a better cabinet and slightly better crossover.
Right now, my preference is short floor standers for simplicity and neatness, hence the Templar.

An alternative short floormounter thats suprisingly good is the Kef Q35. Work well against a wall too. Rega Alya another alternative, but rear port on those.

Have been a few templar 2's on FB marketplace recently.

advertisement

Back