advertisement

RP8 / Aria Phono Connection Problem

Andy71

Folks, i'm hoping someone here can help me with this problem.

My new RP8 came today, to replace my old RP6.

I've just come to connect the turntable cables to the MC inputs on the Aria Phone Stage (i'd previously only used the MM inputs) and ... the red cable will not fit onto the corresponding input.

The white cable goes onto it's corresponding input fine, but the red one just isn't having any of it. It's almost as if the red connector is too small to fit on it, by a fraction or so.

Anyone had any experience of this ?

I believe the RP8 has the "twist and clamp" type phono plugs. You need to loosen them, put them on and then tighten them!

(as a last resort, read the manual?):

INTERCONNECTS

Externally we have fitted a bespoke Rega designed low capacitance phono cable which
uses an advanced phono plug assembly. This has only two parts to minimise joints and
incorporates a twist and clamp design locking the plug to the terminal. The design
increases connectivity and ensures the signal path is kept as clean as possible.

Doh.

What a pleb i am. Having never come across twist and clamp plugs before i never even gave that a thought

Thanks Gents

To be fair, Rega's version of the screw-tighten plug is very subtle compared to WBT's plugs.

advertisement

Back