1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Rothwell MCL

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Whaleblue, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Box-swapper extraordinaire

SOLD

I used this briefly before selling my TT last year, with a Lyra cart, and was surprised and pleased at the results. In case you don’t know what an SUT is, it is a device that takes an MC cart output up to the levels an MM phono stage needs to see. I origaninally assumed it was a sort of ‘cludge’ but it’s far from that. If I went back to vinyl I’d genuinely consider this with a decent MM stage. YMMV I guess!

I can’t find the letter accompanying it which evidenced a recent service, so either trust me on that or not as you please! If whoever sold it to me (apologies, I forget who it was) can chip in that would be welcome.

Some pics here:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/45499624@N07/FSEAGD

Excellent condition, with only the most minor of marks as I can see being on the top, just visible at the right angle, and just visible in the pics. Really one of those things I doubt you’d even notice, but always worth pointing out.

The Rothwell web page for reference is here:

http://www.rothwellaudioproducts.co.uk/html/mc_step-up_transformer.html

£225 including postage to a pick up service (typically to your local newsagent or similar). I suggest this method as it has the advantage of cutting out the last leg of the delivery which seems to be where most of the risk in shipping lies! This would be for UK mainland only.

I’ll post it in an outer box to ensure its safety in transit regardless.

SOLD

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  2. Whaleblue

Bump. Open to offer, especially if you are able to pick up, or on route from Berkshire to the Lakes as I’m heading up week after this.

3. Whaleblue

Bump (or a step up :) )

4. Whaleblue

Lovely bit of kit, sadly sat doing nothing.

5. Whaleblue

6. Stidge

Stidge Member

Hi

Where are you based?

Regards

Steve

7. Whaleblue

Hi Steve,

I’m in Wokingham.

Ian

8. Whaleblue

9. Whaleblue

Price drop to £225.

Give it a whirl, you might well be surprised.

10. jamington2004

jamington2004 pfm Member

11. Whaleblue

PMs exchanged, but still available at the moment.

12. dwhistance

dwhistance New Member

Is this still available? If so I'm tempted as I've not tried a transformer with moving coils.

13. Whaleblue

Yes, still available.

14. Whaleblue

15. DAVEDWACK

DAVEDWACK pfm Member

PM sent just now

16. Whaleblue

NOW SOLD

I’ll take £220 posted (UK ‘mainland’)