advertisement

Robson speakers - some nice looking monitors with ribbon tweeters

I think that it's a weeping fig

Ah, yes. I am reminded that we once had a weeping fig in our living room. I was fond of it, but it had a sad life of constant, steady decline. It was forever dropping leaves and the more we tried to save it, the more it grew eviscerated and woebegone.

I can't remember what speakers we had in the living room at the time, but its possible that the weeping fig was highly sensitive to anomalies in HF response. Arguably, the limited directivity of a ribbon tweeter would be the only way of maintaining a weeping fig in the listening room, but if Raj posts some more pictures in a year's time, we can test this hypothesis. We are, after all, a community based on rigorous empiricism.

Hi Alan, they are just off the M6 near Penrith J40 If I remember, very rural. Their phone numbers are
Tel: 01764 218706
Mob: 07831 171715
Hope this helps

Dave

Ah, yes. I am reminded that we once had a weeping fig in our living room. I was fond of it, but it had a sad life of constant, steady decline. It was forever dropping leaves and the more we tried to save it, the more it grew eviscerated and woebegone.

I can't remember what speakers we had in the living room at the time, but its possible that the weeping fig was highly sensitive to anomalies in HF response.

More likely over/under watering or feeding, I'd have thought. (Or a draft?)

I do have a musical trailing vine, though. Tough as old boots and when (for a while) placed on top of a speaker for reasons I can't recall, it positively flourished; we decided it loved having it's roots stimulated. (Don't we all?)

Thank you sp25, I have these isolated on two marble stands that we were given when the mother in law passed, earlier this year. I used to have them on Partington super dreadnought, but these are to my ears make them sound a tad clearer, not much but a little.

The amp I used was an Audio Space AS-2i but in the living room there driven through naim 122x and 150x power amp.

Hi it was the 2016, my mate was going to do this with me but cancelled last minute. It was very tiring without a break lol

advertisement

Back