advertisement

Revolution in Saudi Arabia

Saudi citizens have been told to leave Lebanon...If ISIS are now allowed to move from Syria to Lebanon to fight Hezbollah etc does that prove they are created and directed by USA/Saudi ?

Hezbollah says Saudi declares Lebanon war with Hariri detention

"BEIRUT/PARIS (Reuters) - Hezbollah’s leader said on Friday that Saudi Arabia had declared war on Lebanon and his Iran-backed group, accusing Riyadh of detaining Saad al-Hariri and forcing him to resign as Lebanon’s prime minister to destabilize the country.

France became the first Western country to indicate that Saudi Arabia was holding Hariri against his will, saying it wished for him to have “all his freedom of movement and be fully able to play the essential role that is his in Lebanon”.

Hariri’s resignation has plunged Lebanon into crisis, thrusting the small Arab country back to the forefront of regional rivalry between the Sunni Muslim monarchy Saudi Arabia and Shi‘ite revolutionary Iran.

Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, the Hezbollah leader, said Saudi Arabia’s detention of Hariri, a long-time Saudi ally who declared his resignation while in Riyadh last Saturday, was an insult to all Lebanese and he must return to Lebanon."

Last edited:
Now that would be a special moment.

Without realising it probably, Israel's plan has always been to get a conflict with Iran going and get America to finish it. With KSA having an impulsive leader and the US having the same problem, it won't be too difficult. Having a high oil price suits a lot of trump's backers and Russia, which can also cause more mischief elsewhere with America busy with Iran. Unfortunately there are a lot of vectors pointing to conflict with Iran.

Yes, a more moderate Islamic country, what with public executions down from 158 in 2015 to 154 in 2016; mostly via beheading by sword, unless, of course, for adultery where the usual stoning to death by willing members of the public is still the norm. Children too can be given the death penalty at age 15, however, they let them rot in prison until age 18 before murdering them. Lovely place Saudi Arabia.

Hezbollah says Saudi declares Lebanon war with Hariri detention

"BEIRUT/PARIS (Reuters) - Hezbollah’s leader said on Friday that Saudi Arabia had declared war on Lebanon and his Iran-backed group, accusing Riyadh of detaining Saad al-Hariri and forcing him to resign as Lebanon’s prime minister to destabilize the country.

France became the first Western country to indicate that Saudi Arabia was holding Hariri against his will, saying it wished for him to have “all his freedom of movement and be fully able to play the essential role that is his in Lebanon”.

Hariri’s resignation has plunged Lebanon into crisis, thrusting the small Arab country back to the forefront of regional rivalry between the Sunni Muslim monarchy Saudi Arabia and Shi‘ite revolutionary Iran.

Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, the Hezbollah leader, said Saudi Arabia’s detention of Hariri, a long-time Saudi ally who declared his resignation while in Riyadh last Saturday, was an insult to all Lebanese and he must return to Lebanon."
Any chance of not SHOUTING

Like a child playing with his first computer keyboard... He’ll be using capital letters next.

I believe everyone agreed that things needed to change in SA. A large part of the 'corruption' (in inverted commas because not so easy to define in SA where large oil income institutionalised a sort of reverse taxation) was within the Ruling Family. I imagine it would take a certain amount of arrogance to take down your uncles and cousins and assorted billionaires. This might just be one of those cases where the end justifies the means. Too early to tell.

Naive and arrogant, no wonder he gets on so well with the Trump administration. Birds of a feather. Trump wishes he could do what MBS is doing.
Trump gets on so well with them for the same reasons crooked Hillary and all the rest did; they're friendly with Israel, very generous with their cash, buy US weapons like they're going out of fashion and mostly only take US dollars for their oil.

So for business reasons.

A few changes to these policies and they'd soon be facing US bombs, not buying them!

Lebanon’s president called on Saudi Arabia on Saturday to clarify why Lebanese Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri could not return home, a week after he stunned his home country by announcing his resignation while in the kingdom.

Lebanese president calls on Saudi to explain why Hariri has not returned

OK, I highlighted the large text which I had copied and pasted from the source, then found that after clicking on the the second A icon, the one not underlined, I could select the font size for the highlighted text.

You know, I was talking with a Lebanese woman just before the news broke. She is studying in Paris, but lives in Lebanon, as do her family. I asked her what it was like living in Lebanon, to which she replied it was living on a knife edge. Her family is happy to wake up and find no-one has yet invaded, particularly in light of the increase in tensions in the region, which always tends to affect Lebanon.

I can't imagine living with that constant state of anxiety. Her family live normal lives, certainly, but never to be sure how long that state will last would drive me to leave, and become that least welcome of people, a refugee.

advertisement

Back