advertisement

Revisit new bike interest

Fair point :) Long Story. Supposed to stop riding. Don't want to. Those I love have started locking them up...

I still say though that spending big sums on bikes is vanity more than anything for most of us (myself included). The only plus point IME is that the more expensive groupsets are usually the most durable and therefore everything takes more abuse. You do however have to ride A LOT to make this financially beneficial I would imagine.

Totally accept there is a bling factor but there is definitely a real difference in feel to hydro brakes or carbon frame or high end group sets. I love the feel of those things and I try to buy stuff that I love to use. Same for cars, food, hifi, musical instruments etc etc.

I am thinking gravel bike currently and there are millions out there so will try to get some test rides.

Last edited:
3 grand for an aluminum bike !?!?!?!? I've got nothing against aluminum, but 3 grand is a lot of money: about equal to the combined cost of my mountain, road, TT/tri, and touring bikes combined.

That is an unloved colour. I've seen a few purple bikes, none I've seen work. In contrast ASBO orange and Kawasaki lime green look fantastic. I have one bike in orange, it looks fantastic. I'd like another powdercoated in antisocially bright lime green, but it's a long haul to strip it down, have the thing shotblasted and then take it to the coater when I'd rather be riding it about.

That is an unloved colour. I've seen a few purple bikes, none I've seen work. In contrast ASBO orange and Kawasaki lime green look fantastic. I have one bike in orange, it looks fantastic. I'd like another powdercoated in antisocially bright lime green, but it's a long haul to strip it down, have the thing shotblasted and then take it to the coater when I'd rather be riding it about.
Yeah the 2016 model was much nicer
http://road.cc/content/review/182996-cannondale-caad12-disc-dura-ace

Purple is so synonymous with the Cannondale brand for those whose memories stretch that far back.

Nice Homage.

Yellow is far better. My memory of purple bikes goes back 20+ years, there was a purple Raleigh something with LX that was on sale for less than the then price of an LX group set. Now I suspect that the frame was nothing special, generic CrMo stuff, the paint job was gopping and the transfers worse, but the story went that people were buying them, swapping the bits and either selling the frame on or chucking all the half knackered stuff on and using it as a pub bike.

advertisement

Back