advertisement

Rega rumours - Anything to share?

Let's buy this and pay a lot of money. Nearly for nothing. In this price category are tonearms like SMEV, Roksan Artemiz, Linn Ekos. Look that pieces of engineering, and think that SMEVis not a better choice than the Rega..:mad:

The Linn and SME cost way more than the Rega (must be all that engineering). The one trick they can't pull off though is the one piece arm tube. Now that is clever ;).

d

I don't think it. Let's have a look to the RB1000. What is the REAL different between this and the 300? Polished, the base of the lift...:( And the marketing wörlds "the tolerance test, bla, bla, bla..." And the some reviews from PM, who is a very good friend of R.G.
Let's buy this and pay a lot of money. Nearly for nothing. In this price category are tonearms like SMEV, Roksan Artemiz, Linn Ekos. Look that pieces of engineering, and think that SMEVis not a better choice than the Rega..:mad:
But ok, for a P3 or an Apollo it could be truth.

Frankly, you sound ever so slightly ignorant. The RB1000 is a completely different arm than the RB300-700. When you see, touch and use one, you will know. A lot goes on under the hood than the pictures allow you to see inlcuding the P5 v.s P3. For example, the plinth looks identical as on the P9as the rest but is very different indeed.

The RB1000 for the price doesn't look exotic, space aged like some of the crap (and I mean crap) out there. Because of this some might think there is nothing to it but don't be fooled by all the "trickery" out there. The genuis lies with the RB1000's simple and effective look/design. Like I said when you see, touch, use one, you will know or at least can make an educated opinion.

I don't mean to offend, you did make an educated opinion regarding the P5 v.s P3 PSU statement. I don't agree as I also used both but thats what opinions are for so long as they are sound, founded opinions.

What's the story behind the apparent What Hi Fi boycott of Rega? Was given a copy of one of their annual "best buy" summaries. Loads of kit there - Linn, Naim, Spendor, MF, Dali, AVI even stuff like Eastern Electric, Denson. But no Rega, not in the CD players, speakers or, most obviously, turntables. Is this because they don't advertise?

Kevin

Ok, I am not living together with RB1000. But I had P3 before and after P5. And it was very close to each other. The P3 with the PSU is far better than the P5 without. And if anybody see the two turntables need to see the "different". Nearly nothing. The same plate, the same motor, the same bearing&inner platter, the same platter... And the same tonearm with an other cable. Wich is a blody chip Klotz. But double price!
After this I got an LP12/Ittok (12 years old) for the P5 price. If I could sing the different between thiese two! :)

No you did not get the LP12 at P5 price, you got a used LP12 at the price of a NEW p5. Get a new LP 12 at its price and stack it up against new rega at the same price. You can have a LP12, and arm, or a full rega system and change. I know which I would rather have.

kozolov

go to the rega factory and watch how the arms parts are selected , graded and then assembled , then listen to a p9 v p3 .

i think you will see , feel and hear a massive difference.

What's the story behind the apparent What Hi Fi boycott of Rega? Was given a copy of one of their annual "best buy" summaries. Loads of kit there - Linn, Naim, Spendor, MF, Dali, AVI even stuff like Eastern Electric, Denson. But no Rega, not in the CD players, speakers or, most obviously, turntables. Is this because they don't advertise?

Kevin
I have heard from several manufacturers and distributors over the past few years, that they have been told in no un-certain terms, that unless they advertise they will never be mentioned in a particular mag. This is a complete reversal of the way the mags used to work and provides great insight into their motivations.

Ok guys I understand. :) I wish the best for Rega&friends! I won"t be a Rega fan but I don't want any bad for them.

what hifi have always given them the least coverage. Which is a surefire pointer that whathifi feel more under pressure than any other magazine from their advertisers.
they aren't exactly a niche magazine.... t3, stuff and all the rest cover some of the same ground,

Off topic here but still Rega related and maybe hifi dave will be able to answer this.

I notice on Rega's website that the dealer list now has some dealers more prominant than others. I hadn't noticed that before.
Is it me , or have Rega changed their dealer list to show main and sub dealers ?

Michael.

Just got the answer from Rega that it is a foible of their website. From their end all the entries are equal size it's just when the Plebs download, the print is randomly sized. They hope to sort it out in a few weeks when they re-arrange their offices.

What Hi-Fi recently gave the P3-24 a Turntable of the Year Award and the Apollo a CD of the Year gong.

Speaks volumes for their relationship with advertisers, doesn't it.

Just got the answer from Rega that it is a foible of their website. From their end all the entries are equal size it's just when the Plebs download, the print is randomly sized. They hope to sort it out in a few weeks when they re-arrange their offices.

Glad to know.

It thought it could mislead someone looking for a dealer.

Off topic here but still Rega related and maybe hifi dave will be able to answer this.

I notice on Rega's website that the dealer list now has some dealers more prominant than others. I hadn't noticed that before.
Is it me , or have Rega changed their dealer list to show main and sub dealers ?

Michael.
Thanks to you, all dealers now have equal size lettering.:D

I really wish they showed the correct picture. The picture shown on their website currently is of the Mira Pre-amp. I can't wait to see this thing.

advertisement

Back