advertisement

Rega Couple 2

Folkman

pfm Member
Just interested if anyones compared this to the old Rega Couple , and if so , what are your thoughts ?

Allready ordered along with Duet, will report back after shift from SC42/couple1

Will be interesting to hear views , as im currently home demming Couple 2 against my Couple.

Please take the following as the results in my system only and to my ears , and as with any equipment the only guaranteed way of testing it is in your system.

Without going into too much detail , i had the Couple2 on sale or return basis to compare with my Couple.

I suppose i would describe the Couple2 is a very good cable , but suprisingly the Couple is slightly but significantly [to me] better in all ares .

Why this should be i dont know , especially as i run a full Rega system. The main possibility surrgested is that the Couple2 has been developed in conjunction with the new range , whereas most of my equipment is from previous ranges.

So maybe the result could be reversed in a system comprised of the current range.

Thats why it would be interesting to get some feedback from others .

Folkman, are you soleby using it as interconnect between Saturn and Elicit, not between any pre/power ?

From reading Regas site i had assumed they were their own design.

But looking at the Hicons they do seem the same , so you may well be correct.

NOt tried new couple , but found the old one worked very well i a apollo/mira system . The new looks to be using different cable perhaps to work better with the newer stuff

I used Couple2s between a saturn-R, Elicit-R and an Ear MK II. Sounded beautiful. Very musical, somewhat lively but very enjoyable. Still unsure as to whether that was all in my head... but i no-longer have them, so I guess I'll never know.

advertisement

Back