advertisement

Records you don't often play but...

In preparation for full retirement in a couple of years, I’m dropping down to working 3 days a week from the beginning of April and fully intend to spend a significant part of the two days I have off each week listening to records and CDs that don’t get played that much. Sod the decorating is what I say although SWMBO may have a different idea.

In preparation for full retirement in a couple of years, I’m dropping down to working 3 days a week from the beginning of April and fully intend to spend a significant part of the two days I have off each week listening to records and CDs that don’t get played that much. Sod the decorating is what I say although SWMBO may have a different idea.

Sounds like a fine plan to me; best of luck with that!

Anyone listening to Mark Knopfler. Bought his Golden Heart CD and can't stop listening. So varied with fantastic beats & that beautiful guitar sound. He doesn't as much sing but rather talks his lyrics. Paints pictures in you mind with his words. Have also just purchased Kill to get crimson. This is also and excellent album. I was fairly young during his Dire Straights days and didn't quite click with him then as an artist. Funny how time changes things !!

Golden Heart often gets a bad rap, but I love it. If you rip it to disc, make sure you do so to 20bit, as it makes a good difference (it's an HDCD). MK is doing some great stuff these days - Shangri La still makes me laugh. In fact, I'll stick it on now

advertisement

Back