advertisement

Recommend me a cheap used integrated amp

Rega and Arcam recommendations are both good. I also think Rotels would be worth looking at in your price range.

Nait 3 all day long! since you can buy and sell with little to no loss, i really think you should at least try one. (OK, dismounting soapbox now.)

The clamshell Rega Elex is also a great amp. No remote but similar sound to clamshell Brio but with added grunt. Even at low to moderate listening levels the extra control and headroom will be appreciated with the 10" HPD 295A driver and 87.5dB efficiency of the Eatons.

Yamaha AS501. Grunt, clarity and includes a decent in built phono stage and Dac.I’ve seen Black Friday deals for
c.£150. Heavy, well built and handsome imo.

Nait 3 all day long! since you can buy and sell with little to no loss, i really think you should at least try one. (OK, dismounting soapbox now.)

I've never owned any Naim gear. I'm sure it's good but it looks like I'd also have to buy a bunch of new cables so the cost would creep up further. Maybe one for the future.

Early Rega Mira/Elex looking like a definite possibility, if I can find a good one. Sony ES also possible.

Audiolab 8000a - yes I was browsing ebay last night and lingered on one of those, though again not something I'm familiar with. I've got the feeling that it's a bit marmite from memory of discussions I've read before?

Lots of options, it might take me a while to decide which way to leap!

Audiolab 8000a - yes I was browsing ebay last night and lingered on one of those, though again not something I'm familiar with. I've got the feeling that it's a bit marmite from memory of discussions I've read before?
Very much so. I wouldn't give one houseroom. A £20 chipamp is better.

I've never owned any Naim gear. I'm sure it's good but it looks like I'd also have to buy a bunch of new cables so the cost would creep up further. Maybe one for the future.

Early Rega Mira/Elex looking like a definite possibility, if I can find a good one. Sony ES also possible.

Lots of options, it might take me a while to decide which way to leap!

I like them and would take one over any Naim offering all day long.

Luxman L-210 vintage (no remote, with MM phono) about £150. To my eyes a lovely, smooth-sounding jewel of an amp.

JVC AX-R337TN (remote, with MM phono) about £75. Same series as the famed AX-Z1010TN and almost as good at a fraction of the cost.

I have both somewhere...

Akai AM-47, AM-57, AM-67, AM-73 should all be well within budget and have a fair bit of grunt 80-150wpc, I think their very underrated, even so ebay prices for these mid-range models can be too high (laughable 'buy it now' prices), keep an eye out for auctions or on Gumtree ;)

No need for lots of cable changing with A nait 3, a simple 5 pin din to phono works wonders.

Maybe narrow it down to 3 & sell on what's not working for you.

I would hazard a guess, if you pick the Rega, Audiolab & Nait 3, do a blind with your mates, the Nait will be staying put considering your music tastes.

The Nait is in a different league to the rest here IMO.

Luxman L-210 vintage (no remote, with MM phono) about £150. To my eyes a lovely, smooth-sounding jewel of an amp.

I have both somewhere...

Oooh, vintage Luxman, now that is something I have dwelt upon in the past. It would be great to have one of their good amps plus a matching turntable. Not thinking of selling your L-210 are you?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Yeah that's pretty good innit. Located in Italy but a business seller so perhaps ok?
I ought to try and translate the description before getting ahead of myself :D

It's a 220v amp though so I'd need something to drop the voltage, a bucking transformer or other, right? Maybe better to wait for a 240v example.

It's worth checking the service manual, it's sometimes very easy to switch to 240v inside.

Here's an L-230 from the German 'ebay local' willing to ship https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/luxman-l-230-vollverstaerker/749065842-172-2499

er something from:
Creek
Marantz
Nad
Rotel
Exposure (might be bit out of price range)

I personally don't like arcam 8 amps, for me they sound ok but have no power or grunt...
Look for arcam 10 but probably out of your price range

advertisement

Back