advertisement

Recapping of Nytech CPA 602

Gentlemen,

as promised, some more Pictures also from the back sides.

The Power Amplifier - NERO SA 1

LqDfCzf.jpg

d1vuI6x.jpg

The electronic Crossover - NERO EXO 1

CJtifIU.jpg

QLwiXd4.jpg

The Pre-Amp - NERO PRE 24.4

TfUbpmp.jpg

IMsOTrs.jpg

The external Power Supply for Pre-Amp and XOver - NERO SP 1

DsTMgG0.jpg

VPaGMhm.jpg

The complete Setup ...

C8aDCau.jpg

t3t9f6t.jpg

Regards from Germany

Lovely looking... How will these sound?

Are they one offs or planned to be commercially available, sorry if that is in the thread earlier...

Lovely looking... How will these sound?

Are they one offs or planned to be commercially available, sorry if that is in the thread earlier...

How they sound?:rolleyes::cool::p

Let me say it like this: I personally cant believe it. Maybe you read this post: http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1899419&postcount=175 Moritz and his father visited me beginning of this year for a listening session ...

Since then we put in some improvements. For me my setup sounds really really good. The Blackness of the music is wonderfull. I can see e real stage in my living room.

And the commercial availability: I'm thinking about it .... ;)

Regards from Germany

Wonderful fit and finish. This is all newly developed casework, correct?

David

Thanks David,

yes, I developed the casework from the beginning new. There was only one inspiration: the green LED of the old Nytech Kits ... and of course the sound.

Both still available, but improved ....:D:D:D

Here also some Pictures from inside the Power Amp:

efSy8Br.jpg

The Amp is build up in a double Mono design. Each chanel has it own PSU and 150VA Toroid.

eSfISzQ.jpg

The Power Transistors are mounted on a heatsink which is connected to the housing.

j6qjKsV.jpg

The VAS has it's own Power Supply. It's according to the design of the CPA 602s. As there is no seperate transformer, as in the 602s, the Power Supply is a stabilized 75V Supply with Zener Diodes.

MYrpFLL.jpg

TSvZ9q9.jpg

The PA PCB has still a big big shortcut in. But with a Workaround it makes quite wonderfull noise.

jSTdPwL.jpg

The small PCB you can see is the Thumb reduction circuit. Also the bleeder resistors are not on the main PCB. They are soldered directly to the loudspeaker terminals.

This will be changed with the next release of the PCB which I'm actually working on.

Regards from Germany

Gentlemen,

as the first step of my Nytech CPA 602 Modernization is nearly finished, I will continue to bring back the old - very noisy sounding - speakers from Audio Reproduction Company back into live.

Your thoughts about this are really appreciated.

Best regards from Germany

Ingo

Update:

Next release is coming with improved schematics and components ...

Pictures about layout study will follow.

Regards from Germany

As promised ....

NERO SA 1 coming soon :rolleyes:

dL0oWmK.png

Hegzllw.jpg

The CPA 602s is living again. In a redesigned and improved Layout.

Regards from Germany

Gentlemen, short update from today:

PCB's for new NERO Power Amp arrived:

GYhpt0s.jpg

It seems, that we will get no Problems with the housing:

LCqPU09.jpg

After several hours of assembly, I stopped ...... :p for today .....

0ltmyE3.jpg

Nearly finished, still waiting for the Toroids from Canterbury. Should arrive next week ......

DdCsoNh.jpg

I'll Keep you updated :D

Regards from Germany

Ingo

advertisement

Back