advertisement

Ray Thomas RiP

I have only just heard this sad news and looked for and found this thread,
The Moody's were a great influence on my musical journey and I still enjoy playing them and get just the same shivers and raised hair as I used to years ago
RIP Ray

I never saw the Moody Blues but I did see Ray Thomas last year in the audience for a Barclay James Harvest concert. He looked frail but cheerful. RIP Ray.

Sad news. The Moody Blues were rather before my time, but I back-catalogued the run of records from Days Of Future Passed through to A Question Of Balance, in fact I think I’ve got the one after too but can’t remember what it is called. AQOB was actually the first record I ever heard on a really good hi-fi aged about eleven or twelve (TD-125/Quad amps/Ditton 66) so is kind of responsible for getting me involved in audio for all these years! I still remember my utter amazement when the bass kicked in after the acoustic bit on the title track! RIP.

The Moody Blues were very much of my time. Have all their old stuff on original vinyl and first saw them live at Slough Community Centre :). That old Mellotron sound is still a killer - gave a tremendous analogue depth to their sound. Just fired up "Days Of Future Passed" - they don't make 'em like that any more missus . . .
RIP Raymondo and thanks for the memories.

advertisement

Back