1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with Audiolab 8200CD

Discussion in 'audio' started by Brian_, May 7, 2012.

1. Brian_

Brian_ New Member

I have just bought a new 8200CD and it is playing up. When I unplug the USB from the computer I get hissing white noise in both channels and the signal is completely distorted. It resets ok with a power off but randomly comes back. Sometimes it happens when I flick a mains switch on. I was wondering if it is my mains causing the problem but I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm using it with a Roksan Kandy K2.

Has anybody else had this issue? I'd be very grateful for any input. I bought mail order so I thought I'd try resolving myself before going through the hassle of returning.

2. Lyricman

Lyricman Active Member

I had exactly the same problem and after speaking to Tech Support they arranged for my dealer to swap it out immediately. Mine was the CDQ but sounds like the same problem.
    New one was perfect, it is a fabulous player.

3. Brian_

Brian_ New Member

Thanks for replying. Good to hear of someone else with the same problem; I'll follow your lead.

I agree about the quality. I've never heard anything as good, when it's working.