advertisement

Pro Audio

merlin

Avatar changed - Town names deemed offensive.
Anyone on PFM with experience of decent DJ setups from Pioneer and Denon?

Last edited:
What are you looking to use them for, serious scratch DJ-ing or just blending one tune into the next? Pioneer products tend to have more features and effects but cost a lot more than Denon, both make good sounding and reliable products IME. My friend uses two CDJ 2000s with Rekordbox and a DJM 800 mixer. I have a Denon MC6000 and a MacBook Pro running Virtual DJ which I use to similar effect. My setup was much cheaper and is more portable, quicker to set up. Where the pioneer setup wins is that it plays CDs and mine doesn’t, the music needs to be in your VDJ database so visiting DJs with CDs would come unstuck with a laptop/controller.

+1 to the above ,
I'd say a s/h PIONEER CDJ1000's and DJM 600 or new CDJ2000/DJM800 will be all you need-bar staff and visiting dj's can also load up their tracks from usb sticks.

I still use one of these (Numark iDJ2), designed by my friends before Numark closed down their Cambridge R&D centre:
idj2_angle_lg-624x390.jpg

+1 to the above ,
I'd say a s/h PIONEER CDJ1000's and DJM 600 or new CDJ2000/DJM800 will be all you need-bar staff and visiting dj's can also load up their tracks from usb sticks.

Cheers Cooky. I was looking for USB functionality. Can't be arsed with TT's these days. I like the look of Julf's Numark. Have some relatives who DJ in London - mainly hiphop. They are coming out in January but have all their stuff on USB drives.

Worth bearing in mind the CDJ1000's will have 10 years work on the clock and no Rekordbox compatibility so though much more expensive s/h the 2000's will be a better bet.

advertisement

Back