advertisement

Priti Patel: Undisclosed Meetings in Israel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_lobby_in_the_United_States

Bard also alleges "blackmail" . He claims that from time to time the United States criticized the oil states for denying human rights to their own citizens, sponsoring militants who attack Israel, spreading extremist forms of Islam around the world, and supporting terrorism in many countries, but this criticism in rapidly reined in by threatening to cut off the oil supply.

Arye

You make a sensible point: all countries lobby other governments. The question is then whether the Israel lobby is disproportionately active in other countries and, if it is, whether that may be justified because of Israel's position in the Middle East*. Then you spoil it with a crude reference to "blood-thirsty" Arab aggression as if that explains everything that's wrong in the ME. If I remember rightly, you once described Arabs as "blood-thirsty savages", which shocked me at the time as I had previously regarded you as a fair-minded individual.

*I don't know the answers to these questions. However, I'm suspicious that anti-Semitism in the Labour Party has become a *very* high-profile issue since Corbyn (pro-Palestine) became leader. Max also alludes to the Al-Jazeera documentary which clearly showed a Labour Party activist being falsely accused of anti-Semitism for putting a pro-Palestinian case to a Labour Friends of Israel stall at a conference.

The only reason that I once used the term "blood-thirsty savages" was because I was responding to a classic anti-Israeli rant in which the writer, I can't remember who it was, referred to Israelis as "racist" "war mongering" "fascists" "religious fanatics" "murderers" "child killers" and a few more things. I was so fed up with that kind of stupid language that I decided to use some of own, directed against the other side. Silly, perhaps, but I'm only human. In any case, I have never, nor ever would, describe Arabs as "blood thirsty savages." The "blood thirsty savages" I was referring to were people in Hezbollah, Hamas, ISIS, etc. who work to stir up violece and destruction and death, not only against Israel but in their own countries.

The only reason that I once used the term "blood-thirsty savages" was because I was responding to a classic anti-Israeli rant in which the writer, I can't remember who it was, referred to Israelis as "racist" "war mongering" "fascists" "religious fanatics" "murderers" "child killers" and a few more things. I was so fed up with that kind of stupid language that I decided to use some of own, directed against the other side. Silly, perhaps, but I'm only human. In any case, I have never, nor ever would, describe Arabs as "blood thirsty savages." The "blood thirsty savages" I was referring to were people in Hezbollah, Hamas, ISIS, etc. who work to stir up violece and destruction and death, not only against Israel but in their own countries.

You forgot Stern Gang, Irgun and Hagana.

You forgot Stern Gang, Irgun and Hagana.

The Whole Zionist movement should have been branded as international war criminals and terrorists decades ago and placed on a black list.

They do the Jewish faith no favours as they promote anti semitic sentiments throughout the civilised world.

Wouldn't a list of international war criminals, and terrorists, also be a black list?

The Whole Zionist movement should have been branded as international war criminals and terrorists decades ago and placed on a black list.

They do the Jewish faith no favours as they promote anti semitic sentiments throughout the civilised world.

I completely agree. The existence of a "Labour friends of Israel" group should be fought at every level also. It's very existence disgusts me more than words can express.

Patel was obviously unable to shake off the Ugandan approach to doing government business- treating her ministerial portfolio like her private fiefdom. No doubt she, Redwood and the other disaster capitalists on the government benches are going to do marvellously from the great Brexit carve up.

Patel's buddy:

Minister of Public Security, Strategic Affairs, and Information Gilad Erdan and Minister of the Interior, Development of the Negev and Galilee Aryeh Deri today announced that they had refused to grant entry permits to members of the European Parliament, members of the French parliament, and mayors of French cities because they supported a boycott against Israel.

20 French MPs and mayors and EU MPS, engaged in BDS activities, had planned visiting Israel and the Palestinian Authority next week.

Patel's buddy:

Minister of Public Security, Strategic Affairs, and Information Gilad Erdan and Minister of the Interior, Development of the Negev and Galilee Aryeh Deri today announced that they had refused to grant entry permits to members of the European Parliament, members of the French parliament, and mayors of French cities because they supported a boycott against Israel.

20 French MPs and mayors and EU MPS, engaged in BDS activities, had planned visiting Israel and the Palestinian Authority next week.

So you were happy when Thatcher welcomed Pinochet in London, Max?

Patel's buddy:

Absolutely incredible! Israel does not welcome with open arms politicians who support a boycott of Israel! To what depths of evil conspiracy will they sink to next?

So you were happy when Thatcher welcomed Pinochet in London, Max?
You have a problem with equivalency.
One was a meeting of a mass murderer with a leader who aspired his achievements.
The other a country making an exclusion order of advocates of legitamate political pressure on their country in the hope of preventing further mass murder, genocide and ethnic cleansing.

Meanwhile in the USA companies who support the BDS against Israel are not being considered for government contracts in the clean up after the recent hurricane in Texas. Completely arse about face as in any civilised country it should be gov policy to boycott any far right apartheid regime.

advertisement

Back