advertisement

Pre Raspberry Pi delivery question please.

Man in a van,
Could you post a screenshot showing the other output devices available?
Thanks.

Here you are

squeeze%20output%202_zpscgkq5jmg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I still use a real IBM Model M with my MacBook Pro when it is 'docked' on the table!

My current desktop keyboard is a Matias Tactile Pro 4 with Alps mechanical switches. Recently the down arrow key stopped working, and I was very pleased to find out the key switches are available individually - a little bit of soldering, and the keyboard works just fine again.

Is there anything in the picore/Squeezebox software that will tell you what bit rate the DAC is using?

My ears tell me it is probably right for Tidal but it would be a bonus to actually see what the score is.

Is there anything in the picore/Squeezebox software that will tell you what bit rate the DAC is using?

My ears tell me it is probably right for Tidal but it would be a bonus to actually see what the score is.

I'm away from my Pi, but in the first tab of the PiCorePlayer web page, there are some diagnostics/reports buttons, and one of them gives access to audio stats (number of channels, bits, sampling frequency)... I'm afraid I can't provide detailed instructions at the moment

You just change the output in Squeezelite.

As Del does not seem interested, you can borrow one I have if you want, see my post on the previous page.

ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

Really sorry I didn't get back to you with your generous offer. I meant to but forgot. Apologies. I recently promised myself that I would sit with a system before jumping at the next upgrade. I've decided to just settle with the hardware I have at the moment and perhaps look again in few months time. I'm busy switching between LMS and Roon Endpoint use and wondering if I should ditch Roon and get back with LMS. I'll know by March. Many thanks again for your offer.

I'm away from my Pi, but in the first tab of the PiCorePlayer web page, there are some diagnostics/reports buttons, and one of them gives access to audio stats (number of channels, bits, sampling frequency)... I'm afraid I can't provide detailed instructions at the moment

Thanks Eifel, just had a look now for the reports section but can't seem to find it as yet. Also I typed "digital" in the ALSA volume window, couldn't notice any real change after the reboot, what is it actually doing? Many thanks

A few more queries here guys.

1) This is what I get when a track plays.........PCM VBR FLAC. Am I getting the full hifi Tidal FLAC here do you reckon or is something wrong in my settings? Sounds bloody decent never the less.

IMG_0349_zpszyzlrqzr.jpg

Also has anyone messed around with these DSP settings? I'm assuming it's like the various filter settings on the MDAC that voice the music differently depending on which one you play.

IMG_0348_zpsla6zmlak.jpg

3) Also noticed there's a graphic equaliser option too, any other good sound tinkering options I've missed?

Cheers again guys.

As Eiffel says,

Main page in beta view
click on diagnostics
click on sound
scroll down to
[ INFO ] Current card1 pcm0p sub0

or ssh into pi and at the command line paste

cat /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params

Hi Ronnie,

Really sorry I didn't get back to you with your generous offer. I meant to but forgot. Apologies. I recently promised myself that I would sit with a system before jumping at the next upgrade. I've decided to just settle with the hardware I have at the moment and perhaps look again in few months time. I'm busy switching between LMS and Roon Endpoint use and wondering if I should ditch Roon and get back with LMS. I'll know by March. Many thanks again for your offer.

no problem :)

Also has anyone messed around with these DSP settings? I'm assuming it's like the various filter settings on the MDAC that voice the music differently depending on which one you play.

IMG_0348_zpsla6zmlak.jpg

Cheers again guys.

here is some old chatter about this

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?37805-Rasberry-Pi-nothing-nothing-nothing-Gor-Blimey

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?37480-Analog-Dinosaur-succumbs-to-the-joys-of-FBA-enter-Raspberry-Pi-2-IQ-Audio-DAC-!!/page61

Thanks for that Ronnie. Just reading those threads you linked to, super interesting and helpful stuff once more mate thanks, I really am playing catch up here aren't I? I've now swapped the default settings to what those guys said and it is even better now I'm amazed to report, super stuff.

Now this command line below you said I should enter.

I've found the sub section but don't fully understand the "or ssh into pi" bit, apologies.

Which box should I type this in to please? Again appreciated Ronnie.

IMG_0350_zpsakvqvmeu.jpg

Thanks for that Ronnie. Just reading those threads you linked to, super interesting and helpful stuff once more mate thanks, I really am playing catch up here aren't I? I've now swapped the default settings to what those guys said and it is even better now I'm amazed to report, super stuff.

Now this command line below you said I should enter.

I've found the sub section but don't fully understand the "or ssh into pi" bit, apologies.

Which box should I type this in to please? Again appreciated Ronnie.

IMG_0350_zpsakvqvmeu.jpg
Hi Kenny,

Use Putty to Ssh into your Pi. You need to put in the IP address and then the PiCoreplayer user name and password.then you can install commands.
Picore page has the links I believe.

Hi Kenny,

Use Putty to Ssh into your Pi. You need to put in the IP address and then the PiCoreplayer user name and password.then you can install commands.
Picore page has the links I believe.

I think I'll have to google that one Del, all new terminology to me.

I don't think I've set any passwords up either apart from on the Logitec/squeezebox site. Many thanks again.

1) This is what I get when a track plays.........PCM VBR FLAC. Am I getting the full hifi Tidal FLAC here do you reckon or is something wrong in my settings? Sounds bloody decent never the less.

I play FLAC from a NAS library of ripped CDs, LMS 7.9 shows PCM VBR FLAC, as indeed FLAC is Variable Bit Rate lossless compression, so you're getting 'full fat' as it were...

I think I'll have to google that one Del, all new terminology to me.

I don't think I've set any passwords up either apart from on the Logitec/squeezebox site. Many thanks again.

Well save that for a rainy day, it's only another way to get the same info.

advertisement

Back