advertisement

Pre Raspberry Pi delivery question please.

As an aside, what's your view on USB purifiers/filters?

You probably just started off another 100-page flame war... :)

Isolators break the earth link between your source/streamer/RPi and your DAC - it can be beneficial if you have electric noise conducted between the two, and a DAC that is sensitive to the noise. Of course optical S/PDIF accomplishes the same thing. The downside is that most USB isolators force the USB connection into a slower mode.

Actual filters don't really do much - the power supply of your DAC probably does better filtering already.

Then there are reclockers/resynchronizers, possibly useful if your DAC is relying on the incoming data clock, but there are tricky synchronisation issues. You are better off with a DAC doing asynchronous sample rate conversion (which is what a reclocker does).

Thanks Julf. When I use the MDAC with the RPI as streamer I just USB A to B the devices. I was going to ask for advice on maybe a better method.

John W always seem to say MDAC is best with USB, I just wonder whether the clocks sync with RPI like the laptop does.

Thanks Julf. When I use the MDAC with the RPI as streamer I just USB A to B the devices. I was going to ask for advice on maybe a better method.

John W always seem to say MDAC is best with USB, I just wonder whether the clocks sync with RPI like the laptop does.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember the MDAC having its own master clock.

Had planned to start my Pi project on Sunday, but have had a headstart this evening and now need a bit of guidance.

I have Moode up and running and am able to play radio stations. As yet, I can't add my USB memory stick to the library. I have it plugged into the Pi and can see 'USB' along with 'RADIO', 'SDCARD' and 'DEFAULT PLAYLIST'. I then select the 'UPDATE THIS FOLDER' and the spinner starts displaying 'UPDATING'. This seems to carry on without updating the library. I have approx 50gb of music on the memory stick, am I just being impatiant or something amiss?

Cheers,

Bill

Had planned to start my Pi project on Sunday, but have had a headstart this evening and now need a bit of guidance.

I have Moode up and running and am able to play radio stations. As yet, I can't add my USB memory stick to the library. I have it plugged into the Pi and can see 'USB' along with 'RADIO', 'SDCARD' and 'DEFAULT PLAYLIST'. I then select the 'UPDATE THIS FOLDER' and the spinner starts displaying 'UPDATING'. This seems to carry on without updating the library. I have approx 50gb of music on the memory stick, am I just being impatiant or something amiss?

Cheers,

Bill

Bill. did you follow these instructions?

4. ADD SOURCE(S) CONTAINING MUSIC FILES
- USB AND SDCARD STORAGE DEVICE
a) Menu, Configure, Sources
b) press UPDATE MPD DATABASE button
c) WAIT for completion (no spinner on the Browse tab)
d) click Browse tab. If more folders appear than those containing music then restart MPD

ronnie

1_zpsnokurdqz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2_zpsqyw8sswb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yes and left updating over night, but nothing this morning. Will try again this evening when I return from work.
The memory stick is a Sandisk Cruzer 64gb, could that be the problem!

Yes and left updating over night, but nothing this morning. Will try again this evening when I return from work.
The memory stick is a Sandisk Cruzer 64gb, could that be the problem!

I don't thinks so, I have a 64 gb Sandisk with about 32 gb of files, it takes only a very short time.

did you see this bubble in the top right after clicking?

6_zpsu0nssvis.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Up and running and library fully operational. Not going to admit what I was doing last night, no wonder I couldn't see the library, complete numbskull!!!!!!!

For you guys using Picoreplayer, I'm finding that after a reboot I lose the settings for the screensaver and which library to use.

Is there a way to fix this - I have used the 'save settings to SD card' feature.

As you know I bought the IQUAUDI0 PI and DAC+ kit. I now have this running on one card, and the PI acting solely as a streamer to MDAC on the other card, both Picore.

Question is, what is the Digi board IQ sell used for? What could I use it for other than what I'm doing now? What is its main purpose, or use?

Cheers.

I'm in the same boat with a Digi+pro - I'll keep it as a spare in case the Pi-USB-MDAC throws a wobbly!

The board purely exists to send SPDIF output to a DAC. I've seen one go on here for £20.

Any of you lads tried any of the offerings from this firm?

https://www.allo.com/sparky/index-audio.html

Some write ups and comments I've read really do seem to rate this gear very highly.

I may order up a couple of bits but thought I'd ask here first in case there are some users of it who could comment.

Cheers

It seems the Allo Boss DAC doesn't work with piCorePlayer at the moment due to lack of drivers (See here). Don't know about other products and not tried any of the Allo offerings.

advertisement

Back