advertisement

Power Amp - contemplating a Christmas build.?

Les, any idea if it contain everything you need to build the power amp (forgetting the SRs for now)? The ad seems to suggest there's more parts required?

James: It's hard to tell from the pics and in any event, I didn't supply all there is in the sale.

Trancera: You win the cigar, they are indeed one and the same.

Hmmmmm two x 750VA, thats serious mono blocks he didnt build. And I could use both of them, well one of them - though given the unknowns I wonder if he's a little over priced.

Wonder if he got bogged down trying to find parts, always a pain for a one off I find, unless you know a friendly chap that is happy to supply 2x128s etc to help you out :D

Anyone want to split? I could use one of the transformers + cap boards and someone can have SR boards (I have LOADS) + NCC boards, something like that anyway ...

I'd have been tempted with those if I didn't already have a pair of NCC200's, there seems to be no caps for the Cap6 modules etc but still looks a good price for what you get.

Anyone want to split? I could use one of the transformers + cap boards and someone can have SR boards (I have LOADS) + NCC boards, something like that anyway ...

I'm game for the NCC boards and the SRs may be of use to me if they are negatives.

I'd have the MCAP6 boards and the transformers...so tempting to bi amp...four monoblocks....I'd need a new set of shelves.

Are the inductors on the MCAP board hand spun?

Any guesses what you'd need to budget to to complete this? Having had a good squint at the photos it looks like aside from the transformers, transistors and a bunch of bare PCBs, the rest is mostly resistors and assorted small passive components. I'm guessing that cases and caps are going to be big ticket items, plus there would be significant cost in the assorted other stuff.

Quite tempted... but not sure what I'd be getting myself into cost-wise, or how easy it would be to source the remaining components.

Phil

advertisement

Back