• Poll closed .
Whaleblue. How about this for an idea?

Why not have an album of the month.

Put winner and runner up for each month into end of year poll

Whaleblue. How about this for an idea?

Why not have an album of the month.

Put winner and runner up for each month into end of year poll

Good idea.

I might also get better engaged with new releases earlier in 2018 than I did in 2017.

I’ll stick a reminder in my calendar for 1st Feb.

I was also thinking of doing the album of the year between Christmas and New Year. Might be more relevant in some ways at that time of year.

Hopefully 2018 will be better than 2017. That was dire. I cant even blame it on fishies. I went through other lists and am left disappointed.

Hopefully 2018 will be better than 2017. That was dire. I cant even blame it on fishies. I went through other lists and am left disappointed.

They are all the same. They are either by sales volume, reader preferences, dedicated mags or genre etc.

Bloss

I couldn't disagree more. I thought 2017 was the best year for albums in many, many years.

I could easily list 20 albums that I thought were well above good. And I'm generally not a fan of new stuff as I'm 62 and would normally be listening to stuff from my youth.

What sort of music do you like?

The type of music richgilb thinks he likes isn't necessarily the type of music he likes.

I couldn't disagree more. I thought 2017 was the best year for albums in many, many years.

I could easily list 20 albums that I thought were well above good. And I'm generally not a fan of new stuff as I'm 62 and would normally be listening to stuff from my youth.

What sort of music do you like?
In recent years I really liked the Alt J debut, Teleman debut, Beck's Morning Phase, Bowie's Blackstar, Laura Marling's Semper Femina, Josefin Ohrn's Diamond Waves EP, Liminanas' Malamore, Cracker's Berkely to Bakersfield.

Its not just music - it is also an internet forum where I might be vilified for thread crapping or for not being sufficiently trendy!

advertisement

Back