advertisement

Poll: pfm Album of the Year 2017

pfm album of the year 2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ha ha, gorralafancha? Most people just ignored this. Probably bickering about wire or brexit.
...and then there is always some pious twat on said wire thread who, finally realising his argument is ****, says "It's all about the music".

As I've not heard the others, I voted for one of the two that I nominated in the other thread, even though neither made it into my personal top three.

p.s. I also nominated The Optimist and someone else gave it a +1. :)

Never heard of Kelly Lee Owens before this poll, but it's a fantastically soothing album, a bit special.

Never heard of Kelly Lee Owens before this poll, but it's a fantastically soothing album, a bit special.

Yes, listening to it this morning for the first time. Not sure why I’d not got to this one until now.

It’s excellent (and yes @darrenyeats, now ordered!).

I’ve finished putting affiliate links into post #2. If you don’t have a streaming subscription you can hear snips there on Amazon, or I think Spotify still do a free (with interspersed ads) option.

Poll finishes tomorrow at 5pm, so if you’re reading and have not voted, take a listen - and vote!

p.s. I also nominated The Optimist and someone else gave it a +1. :)
That was me. Recommended by a friend middle of last year but didn't grab me initially.

Funny because I criticize the songs as I listen, in many ways, yet this album has a nasty habit ... of somehow getting played a lot!

Kelly Lee Owens, now filed under "interesting, couple of nice songs, will look out for a later album from her that'll hold my interest all the way through".

I respect everyone's taste but anyone who doesn't vote Wolf Alice is a deaf idiot. Ha!

Last edited:
Can't believe the London Grammar album is so well liked, the first was great but this second one is awful.

Look how many black people there aren't in the list. Then look at all the other lists in the British press and see how many black people there are in their lists.

This actually means that remainers are racist.

And look how many of these white acts are female. This means....

Laura Marling for me.

Some new records to listen to on that list anyway, I've only listened to 4 of them to-date, which is pretty poor!

Missed the vote but the list also, almost, completely missed the mark for me.
Predominantly female singers which is an area I am very difficult to please in.
There was certainly no next-Kate Bush or any such quality on offer there although an honourable mention goes to Wolf Alice.
Thundercat was OK but the only one that activated the buy button was The National so a belated vote for them.

advertisement

Back