advertisement

PMC Go Active With Twenty5i Speaker Range + Upgrade Available To Existing Twenty5 + 5i!

HiFi Lounge

Trade: HiFi Lounge
jCe6hEH.jpg

Hi All,

So this is big news that was announced yesterday at the Bristol HiFi Show, PMC Speakers are bringing their many years of Active speaker experience from their Pro world to their multi award winning domestic 2 way Twenty5i range, and even better news if you already have a pair of their 2 way Twenty5 or 5i speakers you can make them active by purchasing the Active upgrade kit and swapping the crossover board over.

Basically all you need to do is add a DAC with a volume control like a Chord Hugo TT2 or dCS Lina or a streaming Preamp like the Naim NSC 222 and you will have a really simple and clean system that will sound amazing, I can see this really being a popular option as nowadays people don't necessarily want loads of boxes but don't want to sacrifice sound quality.

The Active option is available on all 2 way Twenty5 and 5i models, so the 21's, 22's, 23's and 24's, please see more info below from PMC themselves -

'In the Active twenty5i series, each driver is directly coupled to an ideally matched 100W power amplifier, able to control the driver with a vice-like grip. Ahead of the power amps, a meticulously modelled analogue crossover splits the incoming signal, so each amplifier is only handling the frequencies appropriate to the driver it's powering, guaranteeing ideal driver integration and a staggeringly pure, natural, and free-breathing sound.

It's an elegantly simple solution for any music lover, reinventing the twenty5i speakers with even greater resolution and control and bringing you even closer to the music.'

Needless to say being such big PMC fans we will have Active Twenty5i's on demo shortly and will get an open day planned asap.

Please find some pics below, Pricing to follow shortly but if you'd like more info please feel free to get in touch.

Cheers,

Paul.

UqSx64X.jpg

FEpy0I7.jpg

R7dzjGt.jpg

3PLdBQE.jpg

CDEqgDw.jpg

sYsbZem.jpg

advertisement

Back