advertisement

Photoshop CS5: content-aware fill

Joe P

Memory Alpha incarnate | mod; Shatner number = 2
You may never need to take another picture again.

I'm impressed by the programming talent that went into this new feature and it's bound to be of immense importance to advertisers, but -- fook me! -- this is far too easy / blatantly dishonest. Anyone who uses this tool should put a disclaimer on the picture: I did not take this photo.

Watch what the tool can do for a stitched panoramic [~4:00].

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wow! That is pretty awesome. Can't say I was 100% impressed with the effect on the last panorama, but overall the general results were simply amazing.

JUST SAY NO! ;)

erwitt_digital.jpg

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wh5p5Sx5qZg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wh5p5Sx5qZg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

one for Joe:

Adobe Creative Suite 5, the twelfth major release in the best-selling series of image editing software, will air April 12, 2010. It's expected to bring a number of advanced technologies, like three dimensional brushes and warping tools.

OK, so how does it work? Is it based on Fourier or wavelet decomposition of the surrounding areas that is used to extend the image?

OK, so to do phography I now need my Nikon DSLR, Nikon Capture to do Nikon corrections, Photoshop CS4 to do Image corrections that Capture NX can't do, and GIMP (or an upgrade to CS5) to turn it into a totally different photo.

Sometimes I prefer the old reliable MF Film approach and a straight print :)

wysiwyg eh?

Christ, that's amazing!! Something like that has been on the cards however, just a question of when.

As someone involved in architecture I've been wondering what kind of advancements will be made with regard to perspective control, etc, to negate the limitations of shift lenses with DSLR's. I thought that maybe this would be fertile ground for Adobe since MF digital backs are still very expensive. Having seen the above video it can't be long now before you'll be able to distort perspective and correct convergence without degrading the integrity of the image.

advertisement

Back