advertisement

Photo theme 230: 'Crowded' - to 5 November 2017

ian123running

pfm Member
Ends Midnight 5/11/2017.

Please interpret the theme any way you like; the only protocols are:

1) ONE photograph to have been taken between this post and the end date (GMT/UTC midnight)
2) Max dimensions 800 x 800px, to be displayed in line please, rather than linked.

Themes so far have been:

My favourite Beauty Spot; Simple; Weather; Decay; Old & New; Rhythm; Motion; Portrait; Inside; Work, Rest or Play; Spring; Three; Light; Up; Charm; Feminine; Bokeh; Naked; Upside Down; Natural World; Square; Long Exposure; Sliding; Dream; Street; Autumnal; Night; Fish out of Water; Candid; Winterval; Hope; Portrait; Simplicity; Lines; Coast; Power; Bleak; Close up; Rock; Mechanical; Reflection; Two of; Abstract; Green; Humour; Curves; Fruit; Mother nature; Smooth; Neon; "on forever's very now we stand"; At the water's edge; "Out with the old, in with the new"; Warm; Stranger; Modern Life Is Rubbish; Still Life; Sparkling; Distant; Intertwine; Flow; Paths; Freedom; Numbers; Urban; Faces Everywhere; Beautiful Evidence; Angles; Static; Shadows; Darlin' Companion; Chill; Single Colour; Atmosphere; Isolation; Implementation; Texture; Hidden; Silhouettes; Leisure; Sphere of Influence; Yes; Set; White noise; Another Fine Mess; Industrial; Interstitial; From Above; Age; Tension; Top to Bottom; Evening; Comfort; Wind; Yellow; On your doorstep; Complex; Vanishing Point; Indulgence; After Dark; Gesture; Parking; Incongruous; Spring Has Sprung; Infrastructure; Commerce; On Two Wheels; Lush; Feet; Athletic; Water; Go; Lunch; Escapism; Pause; Uncovered; Beer; Window; Contrast; Time; Voluptuous; Numerous; Patience; Wood; Objets Trouvés; Signs; Highly Strung; Park life; Transport; Symmetry; Enterprise; Interaction; Walls; Folded; Distorted; The Look of Love; The last days of Summer; Looking Out; Rustic; Polly Wants A Cracker; Oops; Wet Wet Wet; Building; Relaxing; Line; Food; Moving Still; Triangle; Noise; Empty; Tranquillity; Discontinuous; Translucent; The eyes have it, Disproportionate, Doors, Revolution; Recreation; Impression(ist); At the Market; Eye; Your neighbourhood; Straight out of camera! Round; Portal; Transport; Shopping Madness; High or Low; Hands; Back to Basics; The Golden Hour; Character; Bath; Vertical; Anticipation; Bloom; Bliss; Small; Grand Day Out; Red; Highlight; Modern World; Speed; Family; Holidays; Remote; Orange; Grain; Hardware; Construction; Reflect; Grey; Desolate; Morning; For the Record; Out & About; Massive; Thirds; Food of Love; The Great Outdoors; Sharp; Rubbish; The Facility; Independence; Shapes Everywhere; Constant Variable; Labour; Before & After; Glass; Great Balls of Fire; Anything Goes; Song Titles; Up Close; Black & White; Look Up or Look Down; Sporting Action; Kaleidoscope of Colours; Less Is More; Sunlight; Horsepower; Feet in the Picture; Sand, Sea or Sky; Frame It; Steel; Low light; Wings

Great title, already inspired. Am I really the only person who wants a fortnight not three weeks? This is supposed to encourage ‘getting out there’ and taking pics. Three weeks leaves me lacking enthusiasm. Just me? Really?

Great title, already inspired. Am I really the only person who wants a fortnight not three weeks? This is supposed to encourage ‘getting out there’ and taking pics. Three weeks leaves me lacking enthusiasm. Just me? Really?

Agreed.

Don't all rush at once ..

37128931224_0e8e6aae8e_c.jpg

An aside, but - three-or-so weeks was suggested a few themes back, as a longer pitch timescale, just to give time for people - very esp. those who rarely post in this room to get involved ; the theme thread was getting stale, and only a very few usu suspects were contributing to themes on a week/10-day turnover.

And none of us want(ed) a creative place to be based on the perception of cliques - we all want to see new posts from new members sharing new ideas, new viewpoints, or simply just experiments: show us your pictures! It does everyone good :)

That said - corking new theme idea, Ian...

Temple Meads, arrr.
Waiting for the 17.30 hop to Baff, watching the demand for the 17.27 cross-country jaunt towards Leeds fill-out. pic via iphone.

Some great pictures here and I’ve flipped a couple of times on my favourites.

So runners-up credits to SLS4321 for the crowded turbine hall, and Soloist for Metallica concert crowd, very atmospheric.

But sadly there can only be one winner… Canonman for the deer on the crowded path . Lovely composition, colours and good interpretation.

Thanks everyone who entered. Now over to Canonman.

Ian

Thanks Ian, you are very kind. A few days after that was taken, I was back in the woods and came face to face with one of the biggest Stags that I have ever seen and I was alone. After 10 minutes of eye contact, I retraced my steps. He won!

Will add a theme shortly and try the 2 week period as an experiment.

PS My favourite from the other entries was Soloists crowd.

advertisement

Back