advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautiful landscape. I do a lot of road cycling but wouldn't mind coming down there on a mountain bike ... if someone pushes me up first.

I love the contrast of the photo. Thank you.

Drummerman - the quality of shots you are able to get out of that Samsung S7 is astonishing! You're making me think seriously about limiting myself to just my camera phone for a couple of weeks. I'm sure it will be an eye opening experience :)

Tony - masterful monochrome work. Very nice indeed!

Lefty

Thank you Amar.

+1 to Tony's artful and stylistic aeronautical photography. If I was him I would approach for the museum to commission some of his work.

Thanks for the very kind words, but all I see is other photographers producing amazing work. It's a bit off putting!

Drummerman - the quality of shots you are able to get out of that Samsung S7 is astonishing! You're making me think seriously about limiting myself to just my camera phone for a couple of weeks. I'm sure it will be an eye opening experience :)

Lefty

Just to elaborate a little to a fellow S7 user and to be upfront and honest, quite a bit of editing (SS & Photomate R3, I hardly ever use the in-camera editor) helped to achieve some of the images but I also enjoy minimal editing on occasions. The S7 outputs RAW but this is just a little bit of fun and quickly done so I simply use Jpeg's.

These would not stand up to any pixel level comparisons (I actually use the lowest 3.7mp setting most of the time because I send my brother images through Whatsapp and its quicker). The S7's low light quality is good but image detail is said to be a little lacking.

When I get a camera I will put a little bit more time and effort into it without wanting to get too carried away.

32035342536_dcdfaef3ae_c.jpg

A slightly similar take as one of Amar's shots on his web page. My apologies. Was walking along and noticed this.

On a similar note, I took a pic of the bottom of my sub a while ago ... only to notice that again, Lefty had done something similar in a previous thread. Purely co-incidental but again I apologize if this raised any questions.

Beautiful image Drummerman - no need to apologise at all. Yours is better than mine! I love the composition and tones :)

Lefty

Thank you.

The first is Paracas National Reserve, Peru. The second descending into the Valley Of the Kings before the sun rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back