advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the v kind comments - it's really appreciated. Been using the Pen F's hi-res function quite a bit recently, ok not all the shots work (the camera has to be kept extremely still) but when they do, it's incredible how much detail is available. Reckon on a 2-out-of-3 success rate which is acceptable considering it's a slow, planned process. Only downside is the size of the RAW files - around 150MB - so I tend to just utilise the jpegs.

My experience with the EM-1 Mk2 when I had it on loan, was that to use high res successfully it had to be tripod mounted, and absolutely no movement, even half a pixel (1.5um) caused a loss of sharpness in the image. Some great results, but huge files!

My experience with the EM-1 Mk2 when I had it on loan, was that to use high res successfully it had to be tripod mounted, and absolutely no movement, even half a pixel (1.5um) caused a loss of sharpness in the image. Some great results, but huge files!

Absolutely - most of my hi-res stuff has been taken in the woods local to us where the soft ground means the tripod can be pushed down firmly, preventing any movement. Even then there's no 100% guarantee of success but the hit-rate is acceptable, given the nature of the subject. I gave up using the RAW files as converting them to TIFFs for Colour/Silver Efex etc meant files of 500MB+ = computer said no!! :D

Absolutely - most of my hi-res stuff has been taken in the woods local to us where the soft ground means the tripod can be pushed down firmly, preventing any movement. Even then there's no 100% guarantee of success but the hit-rate is acceptable, given the nature of the subject. I gave up using the RAW files as converting them to TIFFs for Colour/Silver Efex etc meant files of 500MB+ = computer said no!! :D

I was OK with the RAWs, and I have 2 x 4K monitors so can stretch LR across both screens!!, the images when sharp are really impressive, a remote release or timer release will help.

Isn't that the church in that strange French noir whodunnit with dead families sitting around the table?

It could be, I can’t remember. The series was Witnesses (Les Témoins) and was set in the town of Le Tréport which is just a few miles along the coast. By coincidence series two starts tonight on the BBC.

It could be, I can’t remember. The series was Witnesses (Les Témoins) and was set in the town of Le Tréport which is just a few miles along the coast. By coincidence series two starts tonight on the BBC.

That's it. What a coincidence.

The row of beach huts that features in the opening sequence is a favoured location for French landscape photographers, such as this chap, Alain Baumgarten.

https://www.artlimited.net/image/en/481335

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back