advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Driftwood too - a really great example of how to used a wide angle lens to capture the foreground interest!

Lovely radiator, Pete.

+1 :)

Paul - sadly the X100S doesn't have the Classic Chrome sim but this is a sort of 'home-brew' version I cooked up. It involves lowering the luminance/sat of the blues then adding some glow in Nik Color Efex.

Ahh, I see. I had it in my head that you once had the X100T and made a Lightroom preset of that film simulation, which you then applied to the X100S files in the develop module.

Hmm, I wonder if that would even work? Anyhow, your method looks great on my monitor.

Ahh, I see. I had it in my head that you once had the X100T and made a Lightroom preset of that film simulation, which you then applied to the X100S files in the develop module.

Hmm, I wonder if that would even work? Anyhow, your method looks great on my monitor.

You're right, Paul - I did a sort-of CC preset to try and copy the 100T's film sim but wasn't 100% happy with it. Had more of a play and tried to keep things simple - it works reasonably well (especially as I'm not overly LR literate!) but the big help comes from the Color Efex Pro plug-in.

Sitting duck:

Sitting duck by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Olympus Pen F/Oly 75-1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back