advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived a mile down the road from there for over seven years, and I never went...

I grew up in Cambridge so Anglesey Abbey was the standard-issue visiting place when grandparents/other old rellies came to stay. Hated the place when I was a kid as couldn't think of anywhere more dull. How times change. :D

'Where the hell am I supposed to put this bird bath...'

Bird bath by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Fuji X100S

Taco Bell take-away:

36753943400_bfc69c1d67_b.jpg

Gromit, your Anglesey Abbey beeches are so beautiful, just sumptuous.

Are you using some kind of a low-level tonemapping? It doesn't look HDR, but it also does slightly.

Just returned from the most amazing weekend in The Peak District. The weather was perfect. Misty mornings followed by golden sunsets. It was a great time to be outdoors. Needless to say I took lots of pictures. I will upload these over the coming days and weeks as I get round to processing them

This image was taken in the early evening, just under Stanage Edge, looking across to Bamford Edge.

The Peak District by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon D800E / Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8 / Formatt Hitech Firecrest Circ. Polariser + ND 0.6 Soft Grad

Lefty

Amar, that is just stunning. I am not often quite so captivated by a colour photo.

Thank you for the kond words - I really appreciate it :)

Apologies Tony - I deliberately wanted to show it a bit bigger as the details can get a bit lost if viewed small due to the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Gromit, your Anglesey Abbey beeches are so beautiful, just sumptuous.

Are you using some kind of a low-level tonemapping? It doesn't look HDR, but it also does slightly.

Thanks for the kind comments - I really appreciate it. :)

As to the processing, I tend to use Color Efex Pro as a plug-in to LRCC, utilising some glow from the portrait set of adjustments. Certainly no HDR, just taking the highlights down overall then brushing some extra exposure to put back highlights where the trees are lit by the sun.

Thanks for the kind comments - I really appreciate it. :)

As to the processing, I tend to use Color Efex Pro as a plug-in to LRCC, utilising some glow from the portrait set of adjustments. Certainly no HDR, just taking the highlights down overall then brushing some extra exposure to put back highlights where the trees are lit by the sun.

+ 1 to others' comments. Beautiful images Richard :)

Also very interesting insight into your processing workflow. 'Glow' is something I have recently started playing with in Snapseed when editing my phone images, but it's not something I've experimented with on my 'big camera' shots. I may have to give it a go....

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back