advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amar - that's just so serene, and captured perfectly. As Alfred Wainwright said...

"All those who truly love the Lakes will feel they're in exile when away from them". A picture like that is proof enough.

The Nocticron's a bit of a lump - it's a fair bit larger than the Oly 75-1.8 - and whilst it isn't quite up to the full red-blooded Leicas (which cost £k's as we know) it feels gorgeous to use. Using MF it's hard to believe there's a fly-by-wire system working away.

This is the original Death of Capitalism image, cropped to the same size as the B&W conversion, but otherwise straight ot of the camera... It still looks a bit 'over processed' but I quite like it as it is...

doc - sootc by Jem Hayward, on Flickr

Mr P - please stop posting X100F pics! You're making me want one :D

Amar - that's just so serene, and captured perfectly. As Alfred Wainwright said...

"All those who truly love the Lakes will feel they're in exile when away from them". A picture like that is proof enough.

Ullswater is just beautiful, Amar. It makes you feel very chilled out!

Thank you chaps - I really appreciate the kind words :)

Richard, that Wainwright quote perfectly sums up how I have been feeling over the last year. (i.e. since my last visit to Lakeland!)

Re: the Nocticron, is it able to focus fairly close? The one (and only) complaint I have about the Nikkor 85/1.8G is It a minimum focussing distance isn't very close.

Lefty

Re: the Nocticron, is it able to focus fairly close? The one (and only) complaint I have about the Nikkor 85/1.8G is It a minimum focussing distance isn't very close.

Lefty

It's close-focus is reasonably good, around 0.5m so I guess similar to other 50mm f/l lenses.

Went for a stroll around our local woods this afternoon before the rain started hanging it down:

Bark by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Assault course by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

OM-D E-M1/Nocticron 42.5 f1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back