1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Discussion in 'photo' started by chipbutty, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Lefty

Lefty pfm Member

Hahaha :D

Thanks for the kind words chaps - really appreciated.

There's definitely a lot to be said for just using a small, lightweight camera like the X100T. I also took the D800E with me on our trip, but truth be told I only took it out once. (It was a family holiday and so I didn't want my photography to spoil the experience) I'm hoping the D800E will get to stretch its legs this Autumn as I'm planning a few dedicated photography / walking trips :)

Lefty

2. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive Perceptive Member

Another +1 from me

Your back and shoulders will prefer walking trips with the X100T, rather than that old boat anchor that you insist in carting about!!!!

I seem to remember that my hiking X100 kit, consisted of X100, WCL-X100, filters, spare batteries and CF travel tripod, and the whole lot weighed about 1.5kg - I'm giving very serious thought to going that route again (but with an X100F!!)

3. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

4. JemHayward

JemHayward pfm Member

I've been there, done that... I bought my X100 as may 'carry around' camera, and kept my Canon 5 and L lenses for my 'best shots' - but at the end of the year the vast majority of my 'exhibition' images were taken with the X100. I sold all my Canon stuff, and went Fuji, and although I have many lenses and two bodies, most of my images are taken with the X-E2 with the 27mm pancake lens, because that is what is always in my pocket.
    Met a friend of a friend at the Bluedot festival at the weekend, she was carrying two big Canons, with big zooms on them, but it was their last trip out as she is waiting for her X-E2s and 35mm f1.4 to arrive...

5. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Whilst it took me a while (and several other cameras) to 'get it', I've found the same - I still have an X100S but for the time being just love using the Olympus Pen F with the little Panasonic 20-1.7. Whilst I enjoyed using the D700 (and have always liked the Nikon UI anyway) I've found the Pen a delight. Fast, beautifully made, and like the Fuji it just makes me want to get out and take photos. It also coped remarkably well, doing landscapes, whilst walking in the Lake District recently.

6. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

7. Still

Still gyldengourd

That is stunning image. Love the colours, shapes and composition with shadow interplay.

Your more recent pic is of course also good :)

8. Pete MB&D

Thank you Still.

Pete

9. Still

Still gyldengourd

Please put me out of my misery - what is it?

10. Milan

Milan pfm Member

11. Pete MB&D

12. Still

Still gyldengourd

Thanks. I was wrong too!

13. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

14. Pete MB&D

Thanks Martin.

Pete

15. Lefty

Lefty pfm Member

Thanks for the feedback and words of advice chaps. One of the other reasons I changed to Nikon was the ability to use the lenses with my Nikon F80 for shooting film. I'm also really enjoying the extra resolution of the D800E. I regularly print my work (upto 13 x 19 inches) and the resolution definitely helps here if I am also cropping. I also love the Nikon lens selection.

I've got all the kit I need for the moment. Just need to get to find some interesting places and good light to make the most of it now!

Lefty

16. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Moi too - great image in true Mad Pete tradition. :cool:

17. Pete MB&D

Thanks Gromit.

Pete

18. John Barry

John Barry pfm Member

Snowshill village fete; a splendidly restored vintage MG:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Lefty

Lefty pfm Member

Excellent John - love it. Especially the first one.

Lefty

20. John Barry

John Barry pfm Member

That's very kind, thank you