advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Amar - picked the S up on thursday, the same time as getting the Oly 60 Macro. I'd have preferred the T, but the S was at a reasonably good price (and I got a new Fuji case thrown in) and of course will have a warranty. It's been around the block a bit (the bottom plate's a tad scruffy) but in terms of optics/screen/functionality it's 100% perfect. Shutter count is just over 7k.

As to liking it? Yes, absolutely - I didn't miss the T to start with, but over the following weeks there was a certain inevitability to getting another one. The OM-D's also a gem, so much so that (although it's verging on bat-sh*t daft) I'm considering dropping the Nikon gear altogether and getting a 2nd E-M1 body plus the superb Oly 40-150 Pro.

Bought a small Tenba Messenger shoulder bag a couple of weeks ago, into which fits the E-M1, 45, 60, 75, 12-40 and the X100. It's great! :)

Nice - thanks for the feedback. There is something about the X100 series cameras. My bond to my T was complete after I took it on holiday with the family. I used it 99% of the time in preference to the X-T2, purely due to form factor and discreetness. I carried it around in a wooly hat which worked great :)

You are clearly gelling with the Oly and producing some excellent results with it. It looks a great bit of kit and the lenses are clearly superb too. Tough decision re: what to do with the Nikon. I see that you've barely bee using it since you've got the ART back all freshly calibrated and ready to go. However, if you sell it you just know that you are going to start looking back at it all nostalgically. Only solution is to do what I have done and keep it all!! Mwahahaha! :D

Lefty

Playing with a Tamron 150-600 over the weekend. Hope to put it through its paces 'properly' at some point but in the meantime here is one from the garden. Apologies for the slight fuzziness. It was shot through glass. 

Poised by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon D800E / TAMRON SP AF 150-600mm F5-6.3 VC USD

Lefty 

Only solution is to do what I have done and keep it all!! Mwahahaha! :D

Lefty

You're absolutely right. :D

Just grabbed the D700/Art and took a few snaps outside - this was at the lens' minimum focal distance at f2: Tried f1.4 but the DoF is so miniscule at the distance the image looked a bit odd...

Buds and blooms by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

The Sigma tech calibration has worked well - apparently what they did was re-set the lens to factory specification as it should be. That way it'll work with any camera, not just my D700.

some stunning good pics here...Grommit ol chap, that 12-40 is damned sharp...can I ask you if it balances well on the cam? Do you think it might overbalance the small OM 10Mk11 that I have?

some stunning good pics here...Grommit ol chap, that 12-40 is damned sharp...can I ask you if it balances well on the cam? Do you think it might overbalance the small OM 10Mk11 that I have?

Hi John - the 12-40 feels just great, although I do use the Oly grip which makes a big difference. Saying that, it does feel fine without the grip but I have large hands. Optically though, it's top drawer and focuses in a blink. :)

Still working through some recent scans, from Masai Mara:

33920750061_bf3dd9cd2f_b.jpg

33209013624_9969de792c_b.jpg

33629797625_e0a6f6ec97_b.jpg

Had a bit of outside macro-time this afternoon - the critters are starting to visit our laurel hedge in greater numbers now:

Fly by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Olympus OM-D E-M1/M.Zuiko 60-2.8 Macro

Cracking shots all round chaps - particularly John's Masai Mara images. Very nice indeed!

Here's another House Sparrow shot from this morning, taken through glass. I've set up a little bird feeding table in my garden so hoping for a better variety of shots tomorrow. It's 50/50 whether I will be keeping the lens at present. I like the idea of broadening my photographic horizons and this lens certainly allows me to do that. I've go no real complaints about the lens. Its AF is pretty slow on the D800E, but I'll wager a lot of that is the camera's fault. IQ is as good as I could expect from such a lens and AF accuracy looks to be spot on at the all important 600mm focal length. I'll try and make my mind up by Monday...

House Sparrow by Amar Sood, on Flickr 

Nikon D800E / TAMRON SP AF 150-600mm F5-6.3 VC USD

Lefty

The start line area at Santa Pod really is quite a special place to be if you've a camera in your hands

Ear defender :)

It's a methanol dragster rather than top fuel nitro, so only 3,500hp instead of 8-11,000! But it does rumble a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back