advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic photography on this page again. Gromit, that lens seems VERY nice. Amar I absolutely love that architectural take and the colours! - Stuns worth, great shot of the Paris Street Corner. I say it again, I really like 'Street photography'. We need more. That beach take is superb (and funny).

Happy Easter all.

Nice one Mike :)

How are you getting on with all the new lenses? Keen to hear which is your favourite!

Lefty

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Good to have as a virgin poster on this thread!

Lefty, the lenses I have been using most over the last week or two have been the 60mm macro, 14mm and 50-140mm. Probably too early to have any favourites but working on it.

Focus is a bit iffy but I just liked the green and yellow spring feel.
DSCF0353_zps17ws1tqf.jpg

Thanks, I like Fleetwood, the sort of place where nothing happens. There's a really good chip shop if you follow the main road past Fleetwood museum - it's on the right just before the roundabout where ASDA is.

Indeed there is, The Fish House? Or something similar. There's another good chippy on the main drag near the library called the Granada Bar. And if you catch the ferry to Knott End there's another decent chippy there too (Kay's).

Not that I'm an expert ;)

I like Fleetwood as well. Good place for a walk and a think.

Loving the little Nikkor 50/1.2 AI-S. Here is an example of what it can do when stopped down a little (shot @f5.6)

Blossom by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon D800E / Nikkor 50mm f1.2 AI-S

Lefty

Nice minis David, what do they look like in colour ?

White and rusty!!! If it was dry then I think they would look good in colour as the dry rust would have a real texture to it, but in the wet I Preferred the mono version as it showed the water tones better.

Thank you Pete and Richard - very much appreciated :)

Richard, I must have missed when you bought the X100S. Was it a recent purchase? How are you getting on with it? Lovely shot btw :)

Lefty

Thank you Pete and Richard - very much appreciated :)

Richard, I must have missed when you bought the X100S. Was it a recent purchase? How are you getting on with it? Lovely shot btw :)

Lefty

Thanks Amar - picked the S up on thursday, the same time as getting the Oly 60 Macro. I'd have preferred the T, but the S was at a reasonably good price (and I got a new Fuji case thrown in) and of course will have a warranty. It's been around the block a bit (the bottom plate's a tad scruffy) but in terms of optics/screen/functionality it's 100% perfect. Shutter count is just over 7k.

As to liking it? Yes, absolutely - I didn't miss the T to start with, but over the following weeks there was a certain inevitability to getting another one. The OM-D's also a gem, so much so that (although it's verging on bat-sh*t daft) I'm considering dropping the Nikon gear altogether and getting a 2nd E-M1 body plus the superb Oly 40-150 Pro.

Bought a small Tenba Messenger shoulder bag a couple of weeks ago, into which fits the E-M1, 45, 60, 75, 12-40 and the X100. It's great! :)

Indeed there is, The Fish House? Or something similar. There's another good chippy on the main drag near the library called the Granada Bar. And if you catch the ferry to Knott End there's another decent chippy there too (Kay's)

Yup, the Fish House.

Knot End's great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back