advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ants and aphids share a symbiotic relationship. Aphids produce a sugary food for the ants, in exchange the ants care and protect the aphids and protect them from predators.

Still an absolute beginner at macro. This is quite a learning experience and a steep one at that!

OMD EM5, 60mm f2.8

f10, 1/250 with flash

The trouble with the Tiger pano is that it fails to convey the sheer scale of those things, especially the T2, of which there are 3 variants in the picture. They are enormous.

Ants and aphids share a symbiotic relationship. Aphids produce a sugary food for the ants, in exchange the ants care and protect the aphids and protect them from predators.

Still an absolute beginner at macro. This is quite a learning experience and a steep one at that!

OMD EM5, 60mm f2.8

f10, 1/250 with flash

Never knew that always thought ants eat them .

droplegander_zps8mpcvzof.jpg

Pete

I really like Newton Stairs. As always, I can't describe why, but it pulls my eye in and the subtle use of color works for me. You have quite an eye.

Thanks Clay B

I did try it in B&W but it work as well it needs the colour of the doors to work.

Pete

Thank you Tony=)

I have a lot to learn, the lovely photos you guys post here are inspiring.

Here's the resized original jpg (I only recently read I should be using Raw)
rainy%20window%20original_zps84crsa4o.jpg

I am a total noob when it comes to post processing, and not much better at understanding my d5300. I bought affinity photo a couple of weeks ago and I'm slowly trying to understand it, and some of the concepts behind image processing. It's all very confusing, but thankfully the online videos help a lot.

All I did was tweak the levels a little, and used the bit of the pic I thought looked most interesting. Lots more to learn and understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back