advertisement

PFM Photo Theme 327: "Colour Contrast". Closes Sunday March 24th 2024

cosimoss

One Step Beyond
Submit one photo on the theme 'Colour Contrast' to be taken between March 1st and midnight on March 24th 2024.

Photo to be displayed in line please, rather than linked.

The winner will be determined by me. :)

Themes so far have been:

4 Legged; A foggy day (in your town); A Sense of Scale; Abandoned. A Small Joy; Abstract; After Dark; Age; Album cover; All My Own Work; Angles; Animals; Another Fine Mess; Anticipation; Anything Goes; Arboreal; Arches; Asymmetric; At the Market; At the water's edge; Athletic; Atmosphere; Autumn; Autumnal; Back to Basics; Bath; Beautiful Evidence; Beer; Before & After; Behind the door; Below; Black & White; Bleak; Bliss; Bloom; Blue; Blur; Bokeh; Bricks & Stone; Building; Candid; Car(s); Changing Seasons; Character; Charm; Chill; Christmas is Coming; Close to home; Close up; Coast; Cold; Cold February; Comfort; Commerce; Communication; Complex; Constant Variable; Construction; Contrast; Corner - or around it; Crowded; Curves; Cycle; Darlin' Companion; Dark; Decay; Deep; Desolate; Discontinuous; Distant; Distorted; Disproportionate; Doors; Dominant Colour; Dream; Emergency Services; Empty; Enterprise; Escapism; Evening; Eye; Faces Everywhere; Family; Favourite thing; Feet; Feet in the Picture; Feminine; Festive spirit; Fill the frame; Fish out of Water; Flow; Folded; Food; Food of Love; For the Record; Fragmented; Frame It; Freedom; From Above; Fruit; Gesture; Glass; Go; Goodness Gracious Me!; Grain; Grand Day Out; Great Balls of Fire; Green; Grey; Grooves; Hands; Hardware; Here comes the sun; Heritage; Hidden; High or Low; Highlight; Highly Strung; Holidays; Hope; Horsepower; Humour; Implementation; Impression(ist); Incongruous; Independence; Indulgence; Industrial; Infrastructure; Inside; Interaction; Interstitial; Intertwine; Isolation; Journey; Junk; Kaleidoscope of Colours; Labour; Large!; Lawlessness / Disobedience; Leaves; Leisure; Less Is More; Light; Light Relief, Indoors; Line; Lines; Links; Long Exposure; Look Up or Look Down; Looking Out; Lots of Colour; Low light; Lunch; Lush; Marching into Spring (or Springing into March); Massive; Mechanical; Metal; Minimal; Missing; Modern Life Is Rubbish; Modern World; Morning; Mother nature; Motion; Movement; Movement 2; Moving Still; My favourite Beauty Spot; Naked; Natural World; Neon; New beginning; Night; Noise; Non-linear; Numbers; Numerous; Objets Trouvés; Odd Time; Old & New; On forever's very now we stand; On Two Wheels; On your doorstep; Oops; Open; Open - Anything Goes; Open - any subject or style; Orange; Out & About; Out with the old, in with the new; Outside; Park life; Parking; Paths; Patience; Pause; Polly Wants A Cracker; Portal; Portrait; Portrait: Green in black and white; Power; Prime; Reasons To Be Cheerful; Recreation; Red; Reflect; Reflection; Relaxing; Remote; Retail; Rhythm; Rock; Rubbish; Rust; Rustic; Sand, Sea or Sky; Scorch; Set; Shadows; Shadows/ the spaces in between; Shapes Everywhere; Sharp; Shopping Madness; Signs; Silhouettes; Simple; Simplicity; Single Colour; Sliding; Small; Smooth; Song Titles; Space; Sparkling; Speed; Sphere of Influence; Sporting Action; Spring; Spring Has Sprung; Square; Static; Steel; Still Life; Stone; Straight out of camera! Round; Stranger; Street; Sunlight; Symmetry; Talking Heads; Technology; Tension; Texture; Texture / Dominant Colour; The eyes have it; Revolution; The Facility; The Golden Hour; The Golden Ratio; The Great Outdoors; The last days of Summer; The Look of Love; The Road and the Sky; Thirds; Three; Time; Tiny; Tomorrow (diptych - abandoned); Tools; Top to Bottom; Tracks & Pathways; Tracks & Pathways; Tranquillity; Translucent; Transport; Triangle; Two of; Uncovered; Urban Decay; Unruly/disobedient; Up; Up Close; Up My Street; Upside Down; Urban; Vanishing Point; Vertical; Voluptuous; Walls; Warm; Water; Weather; Wet Wet Wet; White noise; Wildlife; Wind; Window; Wings; Winterval; Wish You Were Here; Wood; Work; Work, Rest or Play; Xmas Excess; Yellow; Yes; Your neighbourhood.

53576765648_1092bc3e53_b.jpg

Thanks for all the entries and a good set from everyone.

Please don't take my comments too seriously as it is just some fun.

@pete-mb-d - This has a lot going for it with the boldness of the colour and the circles drawing in the eye to the target.

@rockmeister - Simple but effective use of letters, colours and contrast between them.

@jamie - A good use of nature to capture the theme but rather muted with all the greens. Just the peacock colours would help.

@gintonic - I like the use of B&W with colour. where does this road under the bridge lead to. What is behind the blue door.

@mr-perceptive.101 - A shot full of mystery, a good balance of colour, what are we looking at throught the glass, something alien?

@antinchip - Great use of flowers to capture the theme. I like the play between the two flowers and more vibrancy would make it.

@jason-p - Loving the demarcation of colour by the water and sand by the beach foam. It has a lot going for it.

@sonority - The mystery object, maybe clothing. The triangle dominates but I can't make my mind up about this one.

@idomybest - Like a piece of abstract art. Has the artist flicked red/black paint on the canvas. The colours blend in a little too much.

@vince-rocker - Interesting landscape with the gate taking us into the unknown with contrast between land and sky. Is the a storm coming or going.

The winner is @pete-mb-d with Antares Maelstrom, it ticks all the boxes and is the image I keep going back to. Over to you Pete for the next theme!

advertisement

Back