advertisement

PCB for teddy's 'Regulator booster'

Yes. Otherwise it would be limited to low current applications. I toyed with the idea of using SMT regulator with the grounplane providing the heatsnking. It would have been really compact that way.

Guys.

Let us know if you want the LED feature or not. Its not really needed but is useful as an indicator that the reg is working properly. I'm not sure if its going to add noise the the output either. Maybe the experts could advise on that.

Another thing for the experts: What about adding a simple L/C on the output of the reg to filter any noise bourne in the reg itself? A bit of inductance could also be good for making sure the reg is properly stable. If someone could suggest values for the L/C I'd be happy to test it on mine and see how it sounds.

One other thing I thought of was adding the facility to have a current limiting resistor and zener diode on the input so it can be used on high voltage/current rails. The resistor and zener will dump excess amps/voltage before the filter stage. It would be something that can be easily linked out if not needed.

One other thing I thought of was adding the facility to have a current limiting resistor and zener diode on the input so it can be used on high voltage/current rails. The resistor and zener will dump excess amps/voltage before the filter stage. It would be something that can be easily linked out if not needed.

Good idea.

Sorry I've not drawn up the PCB's for LM317,337 regs yet. It will get done.

In the mean time please feel free to suggest any possible ways to improve the board.

Ant dropped out and I'm not that bothered to continue with this myself. If anyone would like to take over I can send the files by email. Sorry to all who were interested in boards.

I saw those before. They allow you to use a LM317 in place of a 780* regulator. Not quite the same as the reg booster but you could possibly tack the extra components on the back somehow.

advertisement

Back