advertisement

Pat Metheny

Fuller

pfm Member
Had the pleasure of seeing Pat Metheny and his latest band at the Warwick Arts Centre last night.
I first saw Pat way back in 1987 and have seen him 10 times in the following years but that was something else last night.
Stupendous musicianship and two well deserved standing ovations, tickets were a bargain too at just £20.00.
A great night.

Just back from the London Barbican show.

I thought the fantastic musicianship and obvious talent of all involved was completely eclipsed by atrocious sounds.

Not sure if it was a problem with the actual Barbican concert hall, the band's amplification or a mixture of the two. Really wanted to enjoy this. I guess I will retreat to my old ECM vinyls of his. Hope Warwick was better.

Saw him in Belfast on Tuesday....poor ticket sales meant the venue issued tickets for a tenner on the day....we'd had ours from months ago. Incredible show and some rare talent on the stage. Whilst I love to see the big bells and whistles at some gigs this was just pure musical wonder. I thought the latter part of the show really took off with some unreal guitar.

And now a goodly part of his back catalogue is available to stream on Tidal and Qobuz -some in HiRes.

advertisement

Back