advertisement

Padded Speaker Cover recommendations?.

Wayne C

pfm Member
Hi, does anyone know a company who make protective padded speaker covers suitable for ATC loudspeakers?, I’ve seen some on eBay but based in Bulgaria and postage is expensive. Would like some with soft velvet or similar in the inside to protect when not been used. Something which will protect the veneer from the sun or from accidental bumps etc.

Not really the answer you're looking for but this would be a simple project for anyone handy with a sewing machine and you would get to choose the fabric. Might be worth asking around friends whether it's something they or a partner could help you with.

I’ve asked my girlfriend to make some but she said the protective inner material is expensive unless she’s been looking at the wrong stuff , she’s mentioned wool felt but I guess there’s something cheaper !!!

I wonder if something like this fleece fabric would do the job for a soft lining?

I guess this has been looked at before, the stuff they use for karaoke gigging speakers isn’t padded enough and probably would look awful to look at day to day !.

Curtain bump (or lining) should suffice there, with an outer skin of whatever fabric you like. Any local dressmaker should be able to turn out something suitable with ease.

I wonder if something like this fleece fabric would do the job for a soft lining?

That looks interesting could double it over also I guess.

Dining room table pads. Available online. They can be cut and fabric ends glued on, even to make “hinges” for connecting side pieces to top pieces. Cheap, too.

advertisement

Back