advertisement

Outriggers for DIY speakers

Totem Arros use blutak ( yellow actually) between speakers and plinth. Never saw any tendency for them to move in the years I used them.

The outriggers I originally ordered are finally on the water and on thier way to me, hopefully when they arrive those of you who put your names down will still be interested in receiving your sets.

These out riggers are finally here!! If anyone else would like to add themselves to the original group buy then feel free to add yourself to the google sheet in the OP and PM me with your contact and delivery details.

Stefan

Have reordered mine 'cos I like the way they look but have just noticed the spike is aligned with the speakers side panels as opposed to being inset on the speakers horizontal base. Intuition tells me this should be a good thing but what do I know.

They widen the base a little to help with tipping. I'll get those that have re signed thier interest invoiced tomorrow.

Stefan

Yes, of course but I was guessing that speakers would be "stiffer" in the vertical plane (corners)whereas the horizontal might be more prone to "flex" the further away you get from the edge. I dunno, the actual weight of the box would be better grounded along the edges but I´m no architect although I did once put a tent up..

Ah, I see what you mean, makes sense. A wall of course is only stable because it's vertical, if you tried to build a roof in the same way as a wall it wouldn't stay up long so your thoughts make sense!

Hi Stefan

Arrived last week and now installed. My DIY speakers are quite old school so wider baffle than depth hence outriggers fitted front and rear to help with stability on the narrow base.

Before:
IMG_20170913_084020.jpg

After:
IMG_20170917_094109.jpg

I'm pleased with the effect. Definitely more stable and the supplied spikes are nice and chunky.

Dog as helpful as always...

advertisement

Back