advertisement

Outriggers for DIY speakers

I've sent everyone a request for details via PM on their home forums, if you signed up to the list and haven't had a PM please do get in touch with me.

I have received contact details from all but 3 of the members who have signed up, of all those who have sent details have received an invoice and some have already paid. It would be good to get this sorted for everyone as soon as possible and as soon as I've got most of the payments in I'll order the required amount of outriggers.

Stefan

Just wanted to keep you all in the loop as I was hoping to have delivered these out by now.

I’m actually having a bit of trouble getting a shipping date from the manufacturers at the moment, they were initially low on stock but now are proving difficult to get firm answers from. I am aware that not getting a timely delivery time to my customers will damage my hard won reputation and will not let it drag out to much. I’m also aware that having pre-paid me may give some of you the jitters. However, I will not let this go past the 30 day deadline imposed by pay-pal before I call it a day and refund you. Of course if you decide you cannot wait I am happy to make a refund to you at your convenience.

On the plus side, I’m still very much looking forward to receiving these, I think they will be a great addition to out DIY speaker building arsenal, and of course once I’ve got some in stock other customers will benefit from immediate delivery.

Many thanks for having the faith to join in, I’ll get these one way or the other!!

Can those of you that started threads elsewhere about this please copy and paste this message there?

Stefan

Thanks for the update Stefan; hopefully your suppliers will not let you down. As you say they will set off peoples speakers very nicely.

Hi all, I'm having to refund these paypal payments, you should all have a refund in your paypal accounts already. The manufacturer has contacted me to say they won't have a production run ready before the 30 day PayPal refund window that as a consumer they grant you. I don't want any of you guys to be in a position where you feel you've not got your outriggers and also you've not got recourse to PayPal for a refund. I of course could have made a refund after that date but didn't want you to feel that you didn't have the option to use the PayPal resolution service.

I have obviously paid out for these outriggers to the manufacturer so now I have have refunded everyone I'm a bit out of pocket. When these finally do get shipped I'll be contacting you all again via e-mail and this thread and hopefully you'll all still want to get your sets.

Stefan.

Thank you for the refund Stefan.

I for one will have two sets when they do finally arrive with you.

Hi Stefan

Yes I'm still up for mine too. I'll look forward to hearing from you when they get shipped.

Best

Nick

I'm still not really having that much success with the manufacturer of these outriggers and have started to think about getting my own KJF Audio ones made instead and am getting price for that as we speak.

I wanted users to have the option of using their existing spike threads in their speaker bases to attach these outriggers, that way they can be used by a lot more people who don't want to use the standard wood screws to attach them. To do that though I need to make a list of peoples current spike positions from the edge of their speaker cabinets so I can come up with a design that works for as many people as possible. so could my fiends at the forum please get tape measures out and measure from cabinet edge and report back here what that measurement is and what speaker you are using. Many many thanks, hopefully I can get another useful product to market.

Stefan

seriously though. I've used blutac to interface speakers to stands and the floor in the past and it works great speciality if you've got a wooden cavity floor and you want to decouple the speaker a bit.

The idea of these out riggers though is to add a little stability (and they look cool), there is no reason they can't then be used with blu tac underneath if that is what you want.

seriously though. I've used blutac to interface speakers to stands and the floor in the past and it works great speciality if you've got a wooden cavity floor and you want to decouple the speaker a bit.

The idea of these out riggers though is to add a little stability (and they look cool), there is no reason they can't then be used with blu tac underneath if that is what you want.

My plan would be Blu-Tack between outrigger and speaker bottom rather than screws or spike threads.
I The reason I mentioned it was I have a pair of speakers with no spikes so these could be just the trick.
(I too have used blu-tack between speakers and stands in the past and that's how my LVs come from the manufacturer.)

advertisement

Back