1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Outriggers for DIY speakers

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by orangeart, May 8, 2017.

1. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

Not really sure where to put this, we don't have a group buy section and I don't suppose if we did it would really qualify as one either.

In the bits and bobs thread over in 2 channel room at the wam a user posted about his Frugel horns, I was rather taken by the little outriggers he had used.

I've since spoken to the manufacturer and have priced up importing a box. I'd like to get some for myself to keep in stock for customers but a few folk in the thread had mentioned wanting a set. For me to bring over a whole box I'd need to get confirmed pre sales on at least a few pairs first so thought it would be worth a thread to see who might like a set? They would be £27.00 a set plus postage at cost). Subsequent pricing would be £30 a set via the website.

If you'd like a set, pop along to the google sheet and register you interest and when I've got a few I'll proceed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DDfvDeKHWUhroV1a4aGdh3u1BiBn_gZisZ_5bXrK5I0/edit?usp=sharing

The outriggers are made from high gloss ABS plastic and attach to the bottom of the speaker via a wood screw, although some may find they do line up with the holes on the bottom of your speakers for the existing spikes.

Here is an image of the out riggers them selves.

[​IMG]

And the image lordmortlock posted on the wam

[​IMG]

Stefan

2. Marra

Marra pfm Member

Hi Stefan is it one set per speaker?

The doc you attached is view only.

3. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

Hi Marra, yes a set of 4 for one speaker as pictured. I think I've got the correct permissions for the document now so feel free to pop over to it and check it works for you now.

Stefan

4. grazie

grazie pfm Member

Can't see the image of just the 'out riggers' here.

5. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

Sorry about that, I linked from the manufactures website. I've now put the image on my site and linked to it from there so hopefully you can now see it OK?

Stefan

6. grazie

grazie pfm Member

All good now, thanks.

7. Marra

Marra pfm Member

Thank you Stefan. Name added for two sets.

8. Old Valve Git

Old Valve Git pfm Member

They do look good Stefan.

9. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

Thanks, hopefully there will be enough takers to make it worth the while doing, just a few takers, each with a pair of speakers would just about make it worthwhile.

I had posted this over on the WAM as well to widen the net but my trade account there isn't a high enough level apparently so it's been taken down. Feel free to spread the word around the forums and Facebook rooms you frequent.

10. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

That's what I thought when I saw them, simple and attractive and not silly expensive unobfootainium.

Stefan

11. Marra

Marra pfm Member

A guy on diyaudio was asking if the spike is adjustable?

12. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

In so much as the spike threads into the body of the outrigger in the same way that the spike normal threads into the body of the speaker, yes.

Can you point me to where on DIYA you mentioned it. I think I'll start a thread there.

Stefan

13. Manimal

Manimal Member

Just added myself to the spreadsheet. I usually just pop an MDF plinth on the bottom of any DIY floorstanders with spikes set into T nuts. These will look much more swish.

Hope you get enough interest to take things forward.

14. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

Thanks, I've often done what you have done in the past but these do look quite cool, could be ideal.

15. Marra

Marra pfm Member

Sorry Stefan I missed your post re diyaudio but I see you have already posted on there.

16. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

Well this has gained a little bit of traction. Enough to proceed I think. I've got a really busy weekend so will let this run until early next week then contact everyone via PM on thier home forums to collect contact/ delivery details to invoice everyone.

Can those of you who posted on other forums please update member there.

Ta

Stefan

17. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

Just wanted to give this a little bump to see if anyone else wants join up?

Stefan

18. Chris

Chris pfm Member

I´m down for 2 sets
    Chris

19. Chris

Chris pfm Member

Plus 2 more. So that´s 4 sets for me.

20. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

Great stuff, I'll PM everyone who has expressed an interest tomorrow for contact details.