advertisement

Outriggers for DIY speakers

orangeart

KJF Audio Ltd.
Not really sure where to put this, we don't have a group buy section and I don't suppose if we did it would really qualify as one either.

In the bits and bobs thread over in 2 channel room at the wam a user posted about his Frugel horns, I was rather taken by the little outriggers he had used.

I've since spoken to the manufacturer and have priced up importing a box. I'd like to get some for myself to keep in stock for customers but a few folk in the thread had mentioned wanting a set. For me to bring over a whole box I'd need to get confirmed pre sales on at least a few pairs first so thought it would be worth a thread to see who might like a set? They would be £27.00 a set plus postage at cost). Subsequent pricing would be £30 a set via the website.

If you'd like a set, pop along to the google sheet and register you interest and when I've got a few I'll proceed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DDfvDeKHWUhroV1a4aGdh3u1BiBn_gZisZ_5bXrK5I0/edit?usp=sharing

The outriggers are made from high gloss ABS plastic and attach to the bottom of the speaker via a wood screw, although some may find they do line up with the holes on the bottom of your speakers for the existing spikes.

Here is an image of the out riggers them selves.

outriggers.jpg

And the image lordmortlock posted on the wam

199C2735-9227-4B40-8BE3-73BE8C25F2E5_zpsc65y7u81.jpeg

Stefan

Hi Marra, yes a set of 4 for one speaker as pictured. I think I've got the correct permissions for the document now so feel free to pop over to it and check it works for you now.

Stefan

Sorry about that, I linked from the manufactures website. I've now put the image on my site and linked to it from there so hopefully you can now see it OK?

Stefan

Thank you Stefan. Name added for two sets.

Thanks, hopefully there will be enough takers to make it worth the while doing, just a few takers, each with a pair of speakers would just about make it worthwhile.

I had posted this over on the WAM as well to widen the net but my trade account there isn't a high enough level apparently so it's been taken down. Feel free to spread the word around the forums and Facebook rooms you frequent.

In so much as the spike threads into the body of the outrigger in the same way that the spike normal threads into the body of the speaker, yes.

Can you point me to where on DIYA you mentioned it. I think I'll start a thread there.

Stefan

Just added myself to the spreadsheet. I usually just pop an MDF plinth on the bottom of any DIY floorstanders with spikes set into T nuts. These will look much more swish.

Hope you get enough interest to take things forward.

Just added myself to the spreadsheet. I usually just pop an MDF plinth on the bottom of any DIY floorstanders with spikes set into T nuts. These will look much more swish.

Hope you get enough interest to take things forward.

Thanks, I've often done what you have done in the past but these do look quite cool, could be ideal.

Well this has gained a little bit of traction. Enough to proceed I think. I've got a really busy weekend so will let this run until early next week then contact everyone via PM on thier home forums to collect contact/ delivery details to invoice everyone.

Can those of you who posted on other forums please update member there.

Ta

Stefan

advertisement

Back