advertisement

Oscilloscope in orbit - a pfm diy resource

I have a TEKTRONIX TDS360 200 MHZ scope (which is currently out on loan to cutting42) and a Philips PM3206 15Mhz 2 channel. The Probe Adj on the Philips is faulty but both the probes I use with this scope are setup so it's no biggie.

I'm in the Reading area and happy to loan out (both short and longer term) to established PFM members.

Some lovely old scopes there, with real knobs :cool:. Takes me back a few decades - I used to do real injineer stuff, but all I drive these days is a spreadsheet :(

Hi there,

My late Dad liked the Telequipment D83 as it resembled the Tektronix 7000 series it even had the same tube as a Tektronix 7603. He bought them cheap when ever he could and repaired them also. I have at least 4 of these Oscilloscopes around in various states of repair they are complete I also have a variety of plug ins. They are easy to repair quite often a HT resistor chain became o/c and various recaps, the repair manual is online. Over all they are a nice oscilloscope with a large tube. I need the space and I'd rather tell you guys about them than put them on Ebay . Just bare in min they will need repairing. I'm located in Bishop's Stortford Herts. Let me know if there is any interest.

Regards

Anthony

Who has this now? I'm about to build a JLH 10W Class A and it would be good to reclaim it for a bit if it's currently in a back bedroom.

I certainly have one (from Martin C), but I thought there was more than one in circulation?
However, the last time I tried using using it, I had problems getting a trace. Any tips to make sure I'm not doing something stupid?
Assuming it's still working, I'm in East Kent. I use to travel the country a fair bit, but not doing so currently.

Thanks sq, that's really useful, I may take you up on that when I get the JLH 69 built. I have a case from a mate's dead amp, a trafo, a heatsink, and a layout. All I need to do it solder the boards together. To paraphrase the great Eric Morecambe: "Listen sunshine, I think that you'll find I have soldered all the RIGHT components to the board. Just not necessarily in the right order."

Just a simple scope question. Can a scope provide a pc data for fft and so on. A usb scope i is merly a front end. So the math can be done in the pc. (Matlab.....)

And it's gone to a good home!

Meanwhile, as an update, the scope in post 1 is still with Grazie.
Don't forget to see the Help Exchange thread also, in case all you need is a little more-local assistance with a problem.

Reminded me of my first scope, a lovely Tektronix 502a. Genuine 2 gun/trace machine, differential inputs and simple to operate. My current 4 ch digital storage affair has more trigger options than i know what to do with, irritating drop down menus and fiddly twist and push to select buttons. Ok so its a fraction of the size and less than 20% of the weight but some things are hard to better.

OK....I'm told that a scope would be helpful in diagnosing problems in the power amp stage of the JLH 80W Mosfet monoblocs I'm restoring!
How can I get hold of said scope for a while please???

Welcome!
Whereabouts are you in the UK? Do try to contact the people above who have offered, if listed near you; we have no check -in for those scopes already in circulation, it's purely an honour system (for example the one in my original post , as far as I know, remains with Grazie in east Anglia.)

If you are near Bath, I can help you directly.

Reactions: GWM
Thanks for getting back!
I'm going to hang-fire on the oscilloscope for the moment.
Another PFM member who is local to me, has offered help in this respect:D:D:D

Time to bump this, just because it's the New Year!

The scopes already referenced appear still in-orbit with those holding them; as above.

Meanwhile I have another old, simple but lovely and useful Philips 20Mhz 'scope with probe, known-good and working, to let loose.

If you'd like the use of it, rules remain as the very first post in thread; please collect, use, enjoy - and when you are done don't let it gather dust: please arrange/agree a relay to any other pfmer who might have expressed a similar desire.

advertisement

Back