advertisement

On The Balls Review of Morrissey's new album in The Quietus

Could Morrissey be following the Trump method of self-publicity?
He seems to have lost a significant chunk of the intellect displayed earlier in his career.

Charles Manson was actually a pretty nice guy, according to Morrissey: http://newsthump.com/2017/11/20/charles-manson-was-actually-a-pretty-nice-guy-insists-morrissey/

"I am totally against murder,” stressed Morrissey in an interview this morning, “but Charles was actually a really sweet guy who on any other day wouldn’t hurt a fly.

“Despite the testimony under oath of those involved, I choose to believe that Mr Manson was actually a victim of false accusations. Seems like everyone is being accused of murder nowadays – the world has gone crazy.”

“The swastika tattoo on his forehead? I think that was intended to be a peace symbol."

Jack

This seems like first rate reporting to me. The Rochdale Herald story correctly describes Morrissey as "increasingly looking like the fat middle aged singer in a Smiths tribute act."

Morrissey has apparently said that Manson was "Just a bit of an excitable boy."

The Herald knew that Morrissey was misquoting Warren Zevon and so tried to get a response from him.

"Warren Zevon was unavailable for comment due to death, however there is little doubt that he would have punched Morrissey in the mouth."

Jack

I see there has been no mention anywhere of the new album being dedicated to black civil rights activist and comedian Dick Gregory. Doesn't fit the agenda, I guess.

Is there an agenda? No one is putting words in his mouth (well aside from the Rochdale Herald), the victim-shaming, Little-Englander UKIP stuff etc is all his own work. As a Smiths fan from the start to the end I’m genuinely shocked and disapointed by it.

I see there has been no mention anywhere of the new album being dedicated to black civil rights activist and comedian Dick Gregory. Doesn't fit the agenda, I guess.

You have an agenda as much as anyone - it's just another word for expression of opinion(s).

Screen_Shot_2017_11_21_at_23_15_36.png

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/...ds-from-new-single-to-bastards-20171121139464

Excellent. Those bloody leeks, everybody hates them. Even reasonable UKIPPers.

T May's father was Reverend Hubert Brasier. I wonder if she prays to the Christlike Morrissey for guidance over Brexit.

Jack

Fate has some strange ways, for the writer of ‘Margaret on the Guillotine’ to take a turn like this.

He said on stage in Chicago last night that today’s Times interview is the last print interview he will ever do. “If you don’t see the words coming out of my mouth then I didn’t say them”.

He said on stage in Chicago last night that today’s Times interview is the last print interview he will ever do. “If you don’t see the words coming out of my mouth then I didn’t say them”.

That's good. Only UKIPPers and racists want to listen to him anyway.

I feel sorry for vegans though. Imagine having moaning Morrissninny championing your cause.

Jack

So by your logic only vegetarians listened to the Smiths?

You do seem to spend a lot of time posting on an internet forum about someone you're supposedly not interested in.

advertisement

Back