advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part XXIII)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll need another bucket.
"Nigel cares deeply about his country...he never wanted to get into politics...the remainer traitors have made his life a misery...he's skint (so skint he has to live in Chelsea, must be terrible). It's so unfair. It bloody well is NIgel, it bloody well is.

We all know the redistribution did not work, but we attack Tusk for saying it. We all know the Turkey deal is a monster created in the Netherlands, but we try to create other monsters like that. Portugal took refugees, I was near two locations they housed them twice. They arrived on Monday, on Thursday they all were gone, twice, not a single one remained in Portugal. We praise Portugal for taking part in system, we pay them some money. The refugees "from Portugal" end up living illegally in Calais or Germany or Netherlands. We all know that or could know that. We have seen the Czech showing the same happened there with the few refugees they took, they disappeared. A sollution would be to only house refugees in prisons. Welcome in Europe.
OK, it doesn't sound as if you have a solution. But let's blame Rutte, the EU and anyone else we can think of. And support goons like Orban or Kaczynski.

Lonely too, fancy that when you're such a wow with the ladies.

1877-Diane-James-Why-awkward-Farage-kiss-didn.jpg

Appreciate that this is not the meat of the discussion here, but my thoughts on James' recoiling from Farage have always been that he is a smoker, so will stink of stale tobacco smoke. Hence, a natural reaction if she is a non-smoker (of course I may be wrong, and perhaps she smokes too). That may already have been written elsewhere, but I haven't seen it if it has. By the way, I'm no Farage fan - far from it. Sorry for the trivia guys!

Nigel is separated and skint. As the UK will be in a couple of years, thanks to Nigel. Irony upon irony.
You forgot 'lonely'. Given current trajectory and rhetoric, not to mention actual behaviour on the international scene, I can see us becoming 'Britain no mates' in fairly short order.

There's an interview with Blair in the Guardian which is probably worth a read if you have the time, since it has a couple of interesting quotes.
Instead of telling leave voters they were wrong, I suggest, Labour could now have an opportunity to capitalise on Jeremy Corbyn’s own well-documented ambivalence towards Europe. Were Corbyn to say to the country: “I shared many of your misgivings. But having seen the harsh reality of what Brexit really looks like, I’m now convinced we shouldn’t do it,” would that convey both humility as well as leadership? Blair looks surprised, and pauses to consider this. “Yes. I think that’s a really good idea. I think that would be actually quite powerful. I agree, if Jeremy Corbyn was to say, ‘Look, I’ve always been sceptical about Europe, but I’ve now looked at this …’ Yes, that would be powerful.” He pauses again. “But you’ve got to want to do it.”
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...pulled-into-this-tory-psychodrama-over-europe

Reactions: vuk
My heart bleeds for poor Nigel.

Mine too of course, but I did laugh out loud at the part of the article that read (paraphrasing) Nigel said “Have you ever met politicians? They are ghastly!” He used to work in the City.

I'm filling up the sick bucket- "he claims he never wanted to be a politician but felt it was his duty". He's a self-serving con merchant who's created a huge platform for his racist right wing views and a funding stream from like minded tax avoiders like Banks. He's rancid.

Indeed. A professional gobshite of the most work-shy trough-feeding parasitic kind. A national embarrassment who has blatantly defrauded £millions from the tax-payer for no work. How someone can turn such a privileged start in life to being such a hateful and vindictive criminal is just beyond me.

OK, it doesn't sound as if you have a solution. But let's blame Rutte, the EU and anyone else we can think of. And support goons like Orban or Kaczynski.
Rutte liked the Turkey deal, but dutch Labour must have credit for thinking about it first and getting support. Yes UNHCR should not condemn EU for plans like these and by condemning EU they side with Orban and Kaczynski. If you want to use sticks to hit Orban and Kaczynski, better find ones that doesn't make UNHCR expert witness for the accused. They don't deserve that.

Get your hankies ready, this is just so sad. I'm filling up. <takes out onion>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5184815/Nigel-Farage-reveals-price-paid-Brexit.html

I had to laugh at this:

"Nigel is flying to Brussels tomorrow so has work to attend to. A black cab driver picks me up outside his office.

‘That Nigel Farage is the only one of that lot I’d let in my cab,’ says the cabbie.

‘A copper beckoned me over the other day outside Westminster to pick up an MP. I said, ‘You’ve got to be joking. That lot don’t give a monkey’s about this country. They’re only in it for themselves. They forget we’re the ones who vote them in.’

Words from the street the political elite would do well to listen to."

I am surprised it didn't end with "'string 'em up, its the only language these bastard's understand!"

Brexit hasn't even happened yet, but the warning signs are flashing over food. I wonder if by Christmas 2019, Brexitiers will get to enjoy some more Victorian values and we'll see oranges again become a popular present idea?

"The diversion of his work force meant that Mr. Mitchell, a fruit supplier for a major supermarket chain in Britain, lost 50 tons of fruit worth half a million pounds ($680,000) in a matter of weeks.
British agriculture experienced a labor shortfall of between 13 percent and 29 percent on a monthly basis from May to September, according to the National Farmers Union. John Hardman, director at Hops Labour Solutions, a supplier of temporary workers, said that labor fell by as much as 40 percent during the peak season between April and September compared with the same period last year. Industry officials and experts expect the shortage to be worse next year.
Ms. Capper owns an orchard in the Midlands that produces Gala apples. This year, she had 20 percent fewer workers than usual, she said. That translated to at one point about 35 tons of apples going unpicked until they could be used only to make juice, which is less lucrative than apples for consumption." https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/...union-farming-immigration-labor-shortage.html

Brexit hasn't even happened yet, but the warning signs are flashing over food. I wonder if by Christmas 2019, Brexitiers will get to enjoy some more Victorian values and we'll see oranges again become a popular present idea?

"The diversion of his work force meant that Mr. Mitchell, a fruit supplier for a major supermarket chain in Britain, lost 50 tons of fruit worth half a million pounds ($680,000) in a matter of weeks.
British agriculture experienced a labor shortfall of between 13 percent and 29 percent on a monthly basis from May to September, according to the National Farmers Union. John Hardman, director at Hops Labour Solutions, a supplier of temporary workers, said that labor fell by as much as 40 percent during the peak season between April and September compared with the same period last year. Industry officials and experts expect the shortage to be worse next year.
Ms. Capper owns an orchard in the Midlands that produces Gala apples. This year, she had 20 percent fewer workers than usual, she said. That translated to at one point about 35 tons of apples going unpicked until they could be used only to make juice, which is less lucrative than apples for consumption." https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/...union-farming-immigration-labor-shortage.html

you have to love it...taking back control. muppets! o_O

What, with too many pensioners loafing around on free tax payer's money, it's time to put our babushkas back in the fields.

3b2444b38c5efac72da00fc1c22f7b67--cabbages-national-geographic-photos.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back