advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part XXIII)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you truly demented or just a verbose, self-aggrandising troll?

cav.

i thought the link and bolding made it perfectly clear i was quoting an article (this seems to be the convention on the new forum software). feel free to email your comments to the author/editor.

FWIW I would welcome a 2nd referendum. I'm miles away from all these people you try to associate me with

cav.

i thought the link and bolding made it perfectly clear i was quoting an article (this seems to be the convention on the new forum software).

We still use quotation marks over here....traditionalists and that.

This sounds curiously like someone who was posting " off with their heads" all over the place on pfm last year-

Brexit as Reformation II.

Unfortunately all too predictable reactions from the idiotic Brextremists after the Daily Mail's headline yesterday. Sooner or later another MP or high-profile Remainer is going to be another victim. And Paul Dacre will be partly responsible for fanning the flames.

The moron's free-for-all on QT is another catalyst.

cav.

i thought the link and bolding made it perfectly clear i was quoting an article (this seems to be the convention on the new forum software). feel free to email your comments to the author/editor.
Well do you agree with the article or not? What do you think?

Well do you agree with the article or not? What do you think?

i am not doing much thinking today. just baking and quoting.

in any case, my point was to show what seems to be a cross-atlantic discrepancy in ideological alignment on the issue, not discuss the matter itself (which is OK to do, as well).

For richgilb: (2nd point)

This will be added to the withdrawal agreement (=phase 1 deal) and only then will pass EP, after this it will go to UK parliament. EU has not put emphasis on what is different this friday from last friday, the need to give positive impression was too big. But Juncker said it couple of times in bylines, after an answer. Most journalists probably missed it, Guardian in analysis touches it (point two in Running out of wriggle room), but they do not entirely get it right. FT sofar missed it completely, will find out sometime. A Juncker quote about it, probably overlooked/misunderstood: "I have extraordinary faith in the British Prime Minister. She has agreed with me and Mr Barnier that the withdrawal agreement will first be formalised and will be voted on and then we will see. The second phase will be significantly harder than the first and the first was very difficult." That is the new sequence of events. Originally EP only would get a vote in october on finalised deal including transition and trade intent. After that all national parliaments would get a vote. Now, it is first EP and UK parliament, then transition/trade talks, then EP and all parliaments.

For the Netherlands, my country, and future EU I personally do not like Verhofstadt, Macron and Schultz visions of EU. (I probably underestimate Juncker's role). For Brexit, Verhofstadt added some points that were missing in civil rights.

For the Netherlands, my country, and future EU I personally do not like Verhofstadt, Macron and Schultz visions of EU. (I probably underestimate Juncker's role). For Brexit, Verhofstadt added some points that were missing in civil rights.
What would you like to see?

Lonely too, fancy that when you're such a wow with the ladies.

1877-Diane-James-Why-awkward-Farage-kiss-didn.jpg

What would you like to see?
Too much is wrong in EU today and they seem headed for worse. We used to be with UK and Visegrad as a group of sceptical members. Now our PM supports taking away voting rights of Visegrad members like Poland and Hungary in an effort to get something in return on other future EU points. Our PM is among loudest condemning Hungary, while praising UK PM, how awfull is that. Praise the largest nation that had historic rights not to be part of asylum/refugee redistribution and attack the small nations that joined EU later and don't have historic rights.
EU is taking away votingrights from Poland, because Poland copied Dutch system of appointing judges. I would like to see EU remove dutch voting rights too, we will try to force EP to take a vote on that and guess what will happen ? Netherlands will threaten to leave EU and will leave unless we get the historic right to appoint judges like Poland can't.

Too much is wrong in EU today and they seem headed for worse. We used to be with UK and Visegrad as a group of sceptical members. Now our PM supports taking away voting rights of Visegrad members like Poland and Hungary in an effort to get something in return on other future EU points. Our PM is among loudest condemning Hungary, while praising UK PM, how awfull is that. Praise the largest nation that had historic rights not to be part of asylum/refugee redistribution and attack the small nations that joined EU later and don't have historic rights.
EU is taking away votingrights from Poland, because Poland copied Dutch system of appointing judges. I would like to see EU remove dutch voting rights too, we will try to force EP to take a vote on that and guess what will happen ? Netherlands will threaten to leave EU and will leave unless we get the historic right to appoint judges like Poland can't.
How would you suggest apportioning refugees inside the EU? Leave them all in the countries that happen to be in the front line, like Greece, Italy or Spain? Rely on the goodwill and generosity of Mr Orban?

We all know the redistribution did not work, but we attack Tusk for saying it. We all know the Turkey deal is a monster created in the Netherlands, but we try to create other monsters like that. Portugal took refugees, I was near two locations they housed them twice. They arrived on Monday, on Thursday they all were gone, twice, not a single one remained in Portugal. We praise Portugal for taking part in system, we pay them some money. The refugees "from Portugal" end up living illegally in Calais or Germany or Netherlands. We all know that or could know that. We have seen the Czech showing the same happened there with the few refugees they took, they disappeared. A sollution would be to only house refugees in prisons. Welcome in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back