advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part XXII)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, how is this man - an Ulster Unionist Lord in the House of Lords who is talking about Leo Varadkar here - going to react to more immigration from actual Indians?

DPV4qecWAAIbH-q.jpg

Here is a good insight into how Brexitiers will react when their glorious project goes pear shaped...

"Brexit Britain will have zero tolerance to Remoaner traitors. If you continue to talk our wonderful country down and side with the EU, we the people will ensure you play no further part in running our country. Time to believe in Brexit Britain or leave Brexit Britain." https://twitter.com/WantEnglandBack/status/934095368119341057

That is a genuine, non-ironic account.

So in addition to the food shortages and unemployment crisis coming in 2019, we can also expect Brexit militias to form who will become increasingly radicalised and will blame everything on Remoaner traitors. Sounds like a fun time!

^ I'm pretty sure that when the Brexit brown stuff really hits the fan - food shortages, mass unemployment, cardboard shanty towns etc, then we are on a 5-yr countdown to a fascist state with all the trimmings, such as incarceration of political undesirables, death squads taking care of journalists, academics and anyone else saying the wrong things, and nothing on TV but heritage documentaries and Downton Abbey.

Meanwhile... how many nails does a coffin need?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42121442

"Brexit Britain will have zero tolerance to Remoaner traitors. If you continue to talk our wonderful country down and side with the EU, we the people will ensure you play no further part in running our country. Time to believe in Brexit Britain or leave Brexit Britain." https://twitter.com/WantEnglandBack/status/934095368119341057
If those are the genuine choices then I think it's time to sell the house and buy a ferry ticket. So then, northern Spain, southern France or (slightly left field but very pleasant) Bavaria. I would of course have to learn Ze Tcherman Langvage but I probably have time to attain reasonable proficiency before March 19.

In sharp contrast with the vast majority of Little Englander "Take Back Control" nationalists I have experience of living and working in continental Europe and given the choice of leaving for Europe or staying here with the likes of "England my England" I'll take the ferry tickets all day long.

i only wish that we had more people with some cojones up here and less who bleat about the groat in their sporran. an independent scotland would almost certainly be welcomed back into the eu and i for one would welcome the opportunity to vote for such an outcome if this brexit insanity, foisted on us by little-englanders and those who would seek to reduce their tax liabilities, actually goes ahead.

I suspect there is some truth in that and there will be riots etc in some areas when the penny drops and that particular pro-Brexit thug/idiot demographic realise it is actually them who will be jobless and their vote created a country with far less wealthy and successful people to pay for their dole and public services. The polling data was pretty clear; those who are well educated and have a real economic stake in the country tended to vote remain, the lowest disenfranchised tiers tended to vote Brexit (exceptions either way, obvs, but the trend was well documented). Nothing will swap that demographic over beyond real skills training and education, and there won’t be the money for that. Current losers will be future losers, but more so, the only thing that will change is a lot of bright and skilled folk (and business) will get the hell out so there will be less money in the national coffers to pay for them. I just hope we can afford to retain a decent police force as I suspect the rest of us stuck here will need it!

Here is a good insight into how Brexitiers will react when their glorious project goes pear shaped...

So in addition to the food shortages and unemployment crisis coming in 2019, we can also expect Brexit militias to form who will become increasingly radicalised and will blame everything on Remoaner traitors. Sounds like a fun time!

It's the real Project Fear!

This is also one of the things that really worries me about the future. When Brexit goes mammatus verticus, the resultant downward spiral will likely lead to a further power grab by the far right and some sort of authoritarian dystopia could be the end result.

Where is Chris Morris and Brass Eye when we need him?

I overheard a conversation with a couple of Canadians saying that post Trump it was becoming increasingly difficult for them to travel across the US border and back, so they had to open a US office just to do business there, so much for the idea of the US market replacing the euro zone.

I suspect there is some truth in that and there will be riots etc in some areas when the penny drops and that particular pro-Brexit thug/idiot demographic realise it is actually them who will be jobless and their vote created a country with far less wealthy and successful people to pay for their dole and public services.

You can bet London will be least affected by Brexit.

And if Nissan leaves Sunderland, I would bet that the populist anger will be turned towards smashing up Japanese cars rather than to anger at the likes of Farage and Rees-Mogg.

You can bet London will be least affected by Brexit.

And if Nissan leaves Sunderland, I would bet that the populist anger will be turned towards smashing up Japanese cars rather than to anger at the likes of Farage and Rees-Mogg.

Agreed, though the inevitable loss of the financial services sector will hit London and the rest of the UK really hard. I don’t think the penny has dropped with many just how much public services and benefits the tax revenue generated in that small physical area pays for. I’m sure you are right that the riots etc will start in the north, but I’m also sure any real wealth and success will remain with the other side of the argument unless the country really does fail and descend into civil-war or fascism. I am worried as I live in a very multi-racial area that may well go up at the first sign of fascism and has been targeted by unemployable EDL/Britain First shit in the past. I’d be far more confident if I still lived down in That London. Brexit may well increase the north/south divide exponentially.

I was curious at the responses from shire folk on the street- Brexit voters mainly - interviewed by the BBC. When the current and impending economic difficulties and trade issues were put to them, they universally attributed them to us still being in the EU. They wanted their Brexit harder and faster and when it came to the issue of the financial settlement, they said "we're not paying that, give them X". It was as though they were in a Benidorm pub discussing what size of tip to leave for lunch. So I have no doubt given the depth of ignorance of the situation, they'll blame everyone except themselves. Nissan, Honda, the Europeans will be to blame. I would not want to be an immigrant when all this kicks off. Fanned by Dacre, Murdoch, the Barclays and Farage. Watch the Provisional wing of the Tory Party too- you are going to see them fingering theenenemiesofthepeople even more stridently. This is their big moment. Disaster capitalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back