advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part XXII)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess if DV holds his wealth in Sterling denominated assets, it makes him feel richer, even though in reality, he isn't. It's those Brexit delusions again.

Is this a taste of things to come:

23559536_1523276011041012_3058361714773952322_n.jpg

I mean, how rebellious are those Tory rebels really?

I suspect we are on the verge of learning there will be no deal.

They could have asked this bloke (listen from about 10.30, he was bang on, "zero chance of deal within the two years"):

Politico reporting today...

DOvoS-AXUAI-hrf.jpg

High net worth Dacre will deal harshly with the few little MPs resisting "TheWillofThePeople". That of course being whatever Mr.Dacre and the other wealthy tax avoiders in the cabal say it is. Stand by for his Dad's Army call to resistance against EU tyranny this week end.

Just imagine the related war despatches ...

... the 2nd Queens' Mobility Scooter Regiment bravely rushed to reinforce the front, but extremely low temperatures took a terrible toll on their batteries and colostomy bags.

I'm just a working bloke, DV. My business was wiped out in 2008 during the recession and it took nearly 4 years to retrain and get back on my feet again. Successive below inflation pay rises mean I can ill afford this Brexit insanity.
So sad that happened to you. I don't know how old you are but if its any help I lost my job in my early 40s during a recession and although it was a struggle for several years eventually landed on my feet. There is a lot of false news about but the signs are that things are getting better.

Cheers,

DV

I think DV is just doing his usual "I am considerably richer than Mick" thing.
You sound sore Matthew. Didn't your investments do as well? Oh and whats with this 'rich' business. Since when did investing for a pension etc make someone rich? Better off maybe but nowhere near 'rich'.

I did leave school at 15 and worked until I was 66 so had plenty of time to save and invest. I even picked up a science degree on the way.

Cheers,

DV

Blind optimism is the new common sense.
Well as the saying goes "every cloud has a silver lining" so there is no need to live your life down in the dumps. During the recession that took away my job there was a joke doing the rounds "due to prevailing economic conditions and until further notice the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off". However eventually things turned around and we were back into boom after the bust.

Cheers,

DV

Well as the saying goes "every cloud has a silver lining" ...

iiuc "every cloud has a silver lining" is a platitude.

... so there is no need to live your life down in the dumps.

Try convincing those living in poverty, dumps, etc.

During the recession that took away my job there was a joke doing the rounds "due to prevailing economic conditions and until further notice the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off".
However eventually things turned around and we were back into boom after the bust.

Good for you, but experience of one continues to equal no evidence.

Tom Aldridge, 88, maybe should have thrown in the towel at 87.

He won't be around to see the damage it's going to do to his grandchildren and great grandchildrens' opportunities. He'll remember the end of the 1930's when a well heeled minority watched the majority beggared by the depression. Some people actually get off on the misery of others.

iiuc "every cloud has a silver lining" is a platitude.

Try convincing those living in poverty, dumps, etc.

Good for you, but experience of one continues to equal no evidence.

I spent my childhood living in tough council estates in a large city before there were any benefits available so you had to make do. A large portion of my clothes came from church jumble sales. This was true for most of my friends and neighbours. However they kept cheerful and made the best of their lot. Not one felt hopeless and believed better days lay ahead and "every cloud has a silver lining". Its a saying and used to emphasize that every unpleasant situation has some advantage - always look on the bright side of life.

Cheers,

DV

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back