1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Nikon 300mm f4 PF

Discussion in 'photo' started by ron, Aug 29, 2017.

1. ron

ron Tweaker

2. ron

ron Tweaker

3. law

law Active Member

Amazing. Fantastic pictures.
    How far away from the subject are you?

4. ron

ron Tweaker

Thanks, about 15ft for the Raven, all are cropped. The flying ones a little further

5. ron

ron Tweaker

Dinovector and AudioAl like this.
  6. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

Wow they are super sharp, looks like a superb lens

ron likes this.
  7. Colinb

Colinb pfm Member

Looks to be just what I need with a TC 17e for my trip to South Africa in February.

ron likes this.
  8. Dinovector

Dinovector pfm Member

They are brilliant, all of them, well says the great expert whose iphone camera is too advanced for him. I've always wanted to be able to take a fair picture but it's one of those things in life that can never be I'm afraid. Doesn't stop me appreciating other peoples skill though.

Thanks for posting them

ron likes this.
  9. ron

ron Tweaker

Thank you , must admit I'm really enjoying using this little lens . Unfortunately my TC-17e doesn't work too good with my 300mm PF , IQ takes a huge hit compared to using the TC-14e iii , maybe it's a bad copy although it does work well with my 300mm f2.8 after stopping down . The only downside with the PF is that far away objects don't look too great , the bigger f2.8 with or without TCs is much better .

10. Colinb

Colinb pfm Member

I did see that Nikon say that the TC17e doesn't work perfectly with it, so I shall get a TC 14e. I have a Nikkor 300mm 2.8 but I really don't want to lug it and my big tripod around South Africa for a month.

11. ron

ron Tweaker

RPSGC, Paulicus and Dev like this.