advertisement

nice camera deal

igary.

are you unable to tell the diffrenece between 1 metre and 2 metres?

a very wide lens like this gets pretty much everything in focus (and it's an f/4), so you don't need to be super precice about it. for street shooting, you set it to a spot where everything will fall in the zone and snap away. it's actually far simpler than having to focus all the time.

vuk.

Damn, I read this too late Vuk, I think I could have claimed the 10 points. I was going to say either hyperfocal or using DOF markings on the lens (if it has them) coupled probably with street-style shooting from the hip. Never done it myself but it's always had an appeal. Amazing to think that C-B and others used that kind of technique with such accuracy although I've never seen commentary on the percentage of keepers and just how much was thrown away.

Having finally picked up a Nikon F3 last year with prices having dropped in the way we have seen, I just might get to do this at some point looking at the screen only having removed the VF. I'm led to believe one compensates for the increased light but it sounds like fun.

vuk said:
people with toy cameras shouldn't throw stones.

People with expensive cameras shouldn't throw stones either, unless they're good at taking photos one-handed.

Vuk,

I've been studying the picture of your new viewfinderless camera. It certainly is beautiful. It is one of those digicams with the little telly in the back, the kind that have to be held at arm's length when snapping shots?

20040314e.jpg

Joe

hey joe.

those girls are cute. are they from kentucky or kitchener?

vuk.

Joe's pic is an example of Joe's infamous Bloke eh? quality where a poor lens can make any young women look like a large handed dock worker in a dress.

Matthew

dan m said:
Does anyone have tips for removing vaseline from a cell phone?

dan.

were you trying to take david hamilton style pics? ;-)

this somehow reminds me...

a few years back, a friend of mine pruchased some sort of "do-it-at-home dry cleaning" stuff and among the list of things i claimed to be able to clean up was semen.

vuk.

among the list of things i claimed to be able to clean up was semen

Vuk, you haven't got your typing skills down to a "t" yet, ey?

Everyone else was too polite to mention Vuk's Freudian typo Thomas.

Hee-hee. This is almost as funny as Mick's Freudian slip about snapping a shot of a sta||ion's erection.

Joe

advertisement

Back