1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

News regarding cliffpatte

Discussion in 'reference' started by cliffpatte, Jul 12, 2015.

1. PhilEOS

PhilEOS Do you get wafers with it?

Very very sad news, I know all on pfm will miss him, his photographic knowledge, and his pictures.

I didn't know Cliff personally, but he came across as a genuinely good guy.
    My condolences to all his family and friends.

Phil.

2. Marmite

Marmite tea jenny

This is very sad - my thoughts go out to his family. Cliff was an entertaining and helpful member of the forum for all the time I've been here. Although I've never met him, he came across as a true gent.

3. MichaelC

MichaelC pfm Member

Very sad news, whilst I can't say that I really knew Cliff, it is clear he was very well regarded. what more can I say, other than a very sad loss. My thoughts and best wishes are with Cliff's family.

4. gary yeowell

gary yeowell pfm Member

Didn't know Cliff personally, but he came across as an extremely helpful and genuinely nice guy. Sad news indeed.

5. Paul R

Paul R pfm Member

Damn. What a shock.

Paul

6. gassor

gassor "There may be more posts after this."

Really sad news, can't believe it in fact. RIP Cliff.

7. stevied

stevied über wagonista

A very sad loss indeed. I didn't meet him alas but sensed a strong, sensitive man with a great love for his family, friends and his surroundings.

Deepest condolences to his family.

8. Spike

Spike pfm Member

A really nice and helpful guy. Very sad news.

9. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

Yes, sympathies and condolences to all.

10. IanW

IanW pfm Member

Very sad indeed.

His contributions to the photography forum have been considerable. Whilst I never posted in there I did read many threads and was always impressed with the real quality of the photos that he took and the way that he interacted with people there.

11. Have Fun

Have Fun pfm Member

I'm stunned Very sad news
    my thoughts go to his family

12. PsB

PsB Citizen of Nowhere™

Very shocking news. Cliff was a pillar of this place. He was generous with his time and advice and came across as a warm and generous person.

My heartfelt condolences to his family.

13. jay

jay built for speed

Oh. That's really really sad. RIP Cliff and sincere condolences to your family. Really admired your talent behind the lens.

14. joel

joel mojo working

Terrible news. We will miss Cliff greatly but remember him always.
    Cliff's family have my deepest sympathy and condolences.

15. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

Dreadful News. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

16. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

My sincere sympathy to all of Cliff's family and friends. I will miss his eye on London

17. rbrierle

rbrierle pfm Member

Very sad news indeed. I am sorry.

18. dave

dave Plywood King

My condolences to Cliff's family.

19. jackbarron

jackbarron Stamford Bridge KGB

Wow that is terrible news. Cliff brought a sparkle to many of the threads on pfm. Condolences to his family.

Jack

20. James

James Lord of the Erg\o/s

This is terrible news. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. PFM has lost a true gentleman.